UPC codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPC codes?

I'm sure all you packaging brewers out there know this, so maybe one of you can inform a humble pub brewer...what's the protocol for obtaining appropriate UPC codes for your bottles/six-packs/12-packs/cases? I see there are online sites where you can just buy them, but I figured it'd be pretty regulated and particular in our industry. Do you have to already have UPC codes before filling out COLA forms? Does one need to work with the wholesaler on this?
    Thanks in advance for any input.

Gs1

I believe that in the United States UPC codes are administered by GS1. Here's their web address:

Authentic barcodes powered by GS1 uniquely identify your brand & products in e-commerce. GS1 standards are the most widely-used in global supply chains.

Look for the "I need a UPC code" link near the bottom of the page.

You'll provide the UPC codes for all of your products to the distributor and/or retailer. I don't know whether you need to provide the actual UPC code when filling out your COLA. A placeholder or mock UPC may be acceptable.

Comment

upc code

A UPC code is not necessary when you send in your COLA's. When we did our lableing we just put "UPC code here" and everything passed. Also, make sure all your fine print is at least 2mm in size or they won't even llook at it.

Comment

bar codes

I found this site on the web. I was a little nervous at first to use it, but in the end i bought all my barcodes off this site.

Buy A Barcode - The ONLY UPC barcode provider whose barcodes are accepted by Amazon and Walmart. Recommended by both The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. Save on your barcodes order up to 25%.

I haven't used any of the labels that have the barcodes on them yet, but i am asuming they work.

Good Luck,

Scott
        Cheers,

Scott Vaccaro
        Captain Lawrence Brewing CO
        Elmsford, NY
        www.CaptainLawrenceBrewing.com

Comment

Thanks

Perfect! That's all I need to know. Thanks to all who replied.

Now if someone could only tell me when the price of stainless will be going down...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottV View Post
            I found this site on the web. I was a little nervous at first to use it, but in the end i bought all my barcodes off this site.

Buy A Barcode - The ONLY UPC barcode provider whose barcodes are accepted by Amazon and Walmart. Recommended by both The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. Save on your barcodes order up to 25%.

I haven't used any of the labels that have the barcodes on them yet, but i am asuming they work.

Good Luck,

Scott
            Old thread but went and used these guys. Pretty straight forward process. They do what they say.

Comment

Working...
            X