Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workers comp. insurance

HI All:

Need some advice with workers comp. insurance.

If a employee, salary, has an work related accident, and all
    the medical bills are forwarded with a claim # to the workers comp
    insurance, AND, they don't pay all the bills...who is responsible for them?

Does the (salary) employee, which receives the bills, has to forward them to his employer or to the insurance?

Does the employer has any responsibility in a case like that?

Thanks for your advise.
    Fred

my girlfriend used to work at a workers comp place...
    she said:

1) It depends on the state and their workers comp regulations.

2) The employer always has the responsibility to his employees when they get hurt on the job. They should assist the employee in contacting the insurance company and determining why the medical bills are unpaid. The employer is the one who holds the policy with the insurance company, not the employee.

3) My experience is with Ohio regulations, who have set up a state bureau of workers compensation as opposed to simply insurance companies handling WC claims. The employee/employer should also check with the State department to determine the rights of his employee under that states' regulations

Comment

Well can you give me some suggestions as to where I can get some relevant info. regarding these insurance issues of other countries! Actually I need to travel a lot which involves my job and as I am with a placement agency I have to frequently shift at other places. So provided my company gives me the insurance benefits would the same be applied if I join an sister concern of the said company but in another country?
      Am currently taking the Arizona Payroll Services

Comment

workers comp.

HI All:
        Txs for the info, is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X