Local Planning & Zoning - "Brewpub Permit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Planning & Zoning - "Brewpub Permit"

Ok - the manufactures permit has been filed with the ATF, the liquor license will be sent to the state of CT once the ATF approves - now comes the hard part.

I need to file an application with the town planning and zonning commission to amend an existing regulation for alcoholic beverage sales. We need to add "Bewpub permit" to the list of establishments that are entitled to serve beer such as "restaurant permit", "package store permit" and "grocery store permit".

In meeting with the town planner it seems like a mere formality, however I don't want to be caught off gaurd.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions or recomendations from past experiences for me before I present my case at the local town meeting in July?

Thanks,

Steve
    ctbrewpub

Approved

FYI - Presented project plan to local Planning and Zoning and it went fairly smooth. We were approved in less than 24 hours and all the local papers picked up the story!
    ctbrewpub

Comment

I don't know the size or makeup of your town, but be prepared for the anti-alcohol crowd. During a city meeting that we attended, several "concerned citizens" made it sound like we were opening a brothel. We had to respond to a twenty minute lecture that covered everything from broken homes to the destruction of America's moral fabric.

Comment

Working...
      X