Keg paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg paint

Hey, wondering what people use for putting numbers on kegs. We're a brewpub with limited packaging in kegs, so I really only need to add numbers to a few dozen kegs. Just looking for some kind of very permanent ink or paint or something.

Hello,

For just a few numbers on a few kegs, permanent marker actually works fairly well. Just touch it up once in a while. For brewery name, etc., we make stencils and use spray paint. Color use is up to operator. Brewery policy. Of course I maintain absolute veto power. We even have a few "fancy" ones hand painted by my wife. She used some left over aqua borne ceramic paint from the brewhouse.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales

Comment

I have more than a few kegs, but I bought a set of number stamps and stamp the kegs number into the rim of the valve. This is the only spot on the keg that will take a stamp. McMaster-Carr also can have stamps made to say anything, like the name of your brewery. Be advised not to make a stamp longer than fits on the circular rim of the valve. A small handheld sledge is too heavy and will just distort the keg. A heavier normal hammer works well. Definitely buy and use the stamp holder and safety glasses as the stamps can go flying.

Comment

Working...
      X