Sales Rep Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Rep Compensation

Hello all I am looking for some advise. I have been offered a sales job with a micro brewery in western PA and wanted to know if the compensation is up to par and if I could have room to negotiate. The brewery will produce this year 5,000 + bbl's this year and distributes beer in 5 states. The compensation is $2,000 base pay per month plus 5% of gross sales. No benefits though. The owner didn't mention mileage reimbursment or anything and I wanted to know if and how to negotiate that. Also with the current position that I hold now my month gross pay is about $2500 a month. Does anyone feel that it is kosher to negotiate for that base pay? any advise would be great. if you feel this is a good compensation or not or what you pay your reps to have an idea would be great thanks!

Cheers

J.Hicks

As is, I'd turn it down. No benefits means no insurance, paid vacation, or paid holidays.

I would ask for a set amount for wear and tear if you're going to be driving your own vehicle. Milage is a pain to keep track of and there is also the problem of seperating your miles from company miles...same problem applies to gas. If you'll be driving a company car or delivery truck, then it is a no-brainer that they should be picking up gas for you.

5% of an estimated 5000 barrels could be a significant amount of money, and if you are a good salesman then hopefully you can get this up. I would also ask for a commission to be paid on new accounts you pick up as well after they've been selling the product consistently for a few months.
    www.devilcraft.jp
    www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

Employers not offering insurance should have no employees

I know a lot of people are willing to do anything to work in a brewery, but in my opinion any company that hires a full time employee should be including benefits of at least health insurance as part of the compensation package. If not, they aren't worth working for.

At the very least, any salary w/o benefits should be significantly higher (by at least $1000/month) so the employee can purchase their own insurance. What sort of message does an employer who doesn't offer health insurance send to its workers?

Comment

Working...
      X