22 ounce bottle suppliers/silk screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 ounce bottle suppliers/silk screening

If anyone out there is a supplier of bottles AND has the ability to help me by silk screening a logo on them OR you are a user of silk screened 22 ounce bottles for packaging your beer, please contact me and/or help me with the following question:

What is the absolute minimum run that can be produced for a small brewer?

Thanks
    Matt Van Wyk
    Brewmaster
    Oakshire Brewing
    Eugene Oregon

We investigated doing this but with 12 oz bottles. We found a supplier in the northwest, Tri-S printing (I think). The process is called applied ceramic. At the end of the day, it was just too expensive for us. They did not supply the bottles, we would had to ship the bottles from our supplier to them then to us. Not that big a deal as the bottle supplier was near them. It is a neat way to go. I guess you end up paying for it in the end: labels and a labeler and labor or you get the bottles "pre-labeled".
    Luck to ya'
    Dave
    Last edited by GlacierBrewing; 08-08-2007, 07:32 AM.
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

labels

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing
      We investigated doing this but with 12 oz bottles. We found a supplier in the northwest, Tri-S printing (I think). The process is called applied ceramic. At the end of the day, it was just too expensive for us. They did not supply the bottles, we would had to ship the bottles from our supplier to them then to us. Not that big a deal as the bottle supplier was near them. It is a neat way to go. I guess you end up paying for it in the end: labels and a labeler and labor or you get the bottles "pre-labeled".
      Luck to ya'
      Dave

HI:

You can't get to their web site too...............
      What's wrong with companies like that; having a big chance in the
      Craft Brewing Industry and than screwing up..................
      It is a shame..............

Anybody found or have another GOOD supplier?
      Fred

Comment

There is a company in California that does applied ceramic labeling called Ceramic Decorating Co., Inc. We were looking into having bottles silk screened and found them. They don't supply the bottles but they work with Cal-Glass a lot. Stone Brewery uses them for all their labeling. In the end we decided to stick with PS labels to cut down on price. But it is nice for specialty bottles.

Help your business stand out from the crowd by taking advantage of Ceramic Decorating Company's container decoration services!

(323) 268-5135
        Kayla Callahan
        Joseph James Brewing Company

Comment

Bottle Printing by Bottless

Bottless prints 22oz, 750ml, 1L, 2L, 32oz, 64oz & 1Gal Bottles for the Craft Beer Industry. www.bottless.org info@bottless.org or call 206-765-0776

Comment

My current quote from Tri-S starts at 1,440 bottles and goes up to 50,400 bottles with price breaks in between. They are usually 3-4 weeks out anytime you place an order.
            Paul Thomas
            Brewer
            Sockeye Brewing
            www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Crown does screenprinting call them, usually a 1 pallet min

Larry Brown
              Crown Pkg Int'l
              brownpkg@comcast.net
              crownpolycon.com
              312-636-3285

Comment

Miller has had issues

I just happened to see this article in a recent issue of Packaging World regarding sleeved bottles. Old Style made some shrink sleeved bottles to look like baseball bats for a Cubs promotion. Looks like the payoff can be big, but they can be a big headache with packaging equipment. The project took a lot of handling and rehandling.

“Putting a sleeve-labeled bottle like this through a bottling line is no walk in the park. There’s a tackiness to such a bottle compared to an unlabeled glass finish, and this keeps them from flowing as smoothly. These labeled bottles don’t twirl as well as they move along a conveyor belt, for example, so labels can get damaged. Fortunately the printing is reverse-printed, so that helps protect the printing. But Miller’s Trenton plant also has some Teflon-coated parts along the conveyor paths that help considerably.”

Another issue to be overcome as this project unfolded revolved around secondary packaging, which Pabst and its design firm decided would be a 12-count paperboard carton. However, the automated cartoning equipment at Miller’s Trenton plant was incompatible with the shrink-labeled bottles. “They’re fine for regular glass, but they damaged too many labels when we tried them on these labeled bottles,” says Galecke. “So Miller runs the bottles through a 24-count corrugated case packer that has gentler handling characteristics.”

These 24-count cases are then sent to another 3PL called Annex, which is in Hebron, KY. Here the bottles are removed manually from their corrugated cases and fed to a 12-packer that has gentle enough handling characteristics to pack the shrink-labeled bottles without damaging the labels. Supplied by Graphic Packaging, the 21-pt paperboard cartons that hold the bat bottles are printed offset in six colors.

Comment

Stupid questions but what is a pallet of 22oz bottles (# of bottles or cases).

What is a price of a plain brown 22oz bottle at 1 pallet, and minimum pricing (and at what volume) for single color screening?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                  X