First brew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First brew?

What would you given the do over, brew as a first brew?

(yeah, I've gone and done it, got a small kit, and I'm kinda itching to fire it up! - even tho I have a good week or so of cleaning and other shit to do!)

(Small Garage brewery - 4bbl plant - Southern UK market - cask ale & bottles)

I'm thinking - do I go with a statement beer - loads of flavour, US hops, multi-grain base -

or go with a system trial brew - pale malt, goldings, some cascades, keep it simple.

??
    Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

I gotta vote IPA..
    Jeff Byrne

Comment

I'd brew a nice hoppy pale ale, (because it'd help me dial in color, bitterness and specific gravity) and call it something like "Pleased To Meet You!"

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Something drinkable...

heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
          What would you given the do over, brew as a first brew?

(yeah, I've gone and done it, got a small kit, and I'm kinda itching to fire it up! - even tho I have a good week or so of cleaning and other shit to do!)

(Small Garage brewery - 4bbl plant - Southern UK market - cask ale & bottles)

I'm thinking - do I go with a statement beer - loads of flavour, US hops, multi-grain base -

or go with a system trial brew - pale malt, goldings, some cascades, keep it simple.

??
          I brewed on a new one last week and thought about the smoked porter...But the brewery I am consulting for is in to the light n tasty crowd...I did an easy pale ale instead...

Go bold.... if thats your style
          www.Lervig.no

Comment

Working...
          X