Hops for trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hops for trade

We're looking for Cluster and Liberty to make it until '07 pellets are ready.

We've got the following available for trade:

44 lbs. US Tettnang

66 lbs. Willamette

22 lbs. US Goldings

33 lbs. Nugget

caleb@uplandbeer.com

Cheers and happy Turkey day all!

Any possibility of selling

I work for a small brewery in PA, we don't have the types of hops you are looking for to trade, but was wondering if you would possibly sell them instead? You can reach me at mark@parenfaire.com, or at 202-669-1597

Thanks for your time

Comment

Buying Hops

I just spoke to Ralph from Hopunion over the weekend and he assures me they are constantly getting in more hops so give them a call. They may not have the exact variety you're looking for, but they are working like mad to find and acquire new hops for the brewing community on a daily basis. It's times like these that brewers should seize the opportunity to get innovative and experiment, that's how new great beers are discovered.
      Cheers!
      Banjo Bandolas
      Probrewer.com
      v- 541-284-5500
      banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

I'll be contacting HopUnion today. I was making a last ditch attempt to get our traditional varieties for the remainder of Q4, but looks like we'll have to do some substitutions. Not ideal, but reality prevails.

Offer for trade still stands, although I chewed into 11 lbs. of the Nugget already. I could also trade for Simcoe and Ahtanum which I'm not as immediately short on.

Hmmm, those 1.5% alphas would be great for some wild brews...

Comment

Man, we're all in the same boat. We spoke with HopUnion today (again) and they won't even talk to us being that we are new and only had one order in with them before the s**t hit the fan. I mean, come on, they won't even give us a little. We're tiny and don't need much! But none, that's no good!
          COAST Brewing Company

Comment

If you work by their rules, Hop Union will work with you. E-mail them with your requirements for the YEAR, and they will get back to you on what is available. But you have to contract out until next years crop. I'm about as small as it gets (7bbl) and I had no trouble getting what I need for the year.

PS: I do use raw hops which may have made it easier for me.

Bob
            Saint Somewhere Brewing

Comment

We did all that (requirements for the year etc...) but still to no avail. We requested mostly pellets but some whole hops, still.....nothing! I'll keep calling until they sell me some and for now I wait...
              COAST Brewing Company

Comment

Working...
              X