Meheen help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meheen help

My Meheen is leaking out of the manifold. I just replaced all of the fill tubes, but I can't find the source of the leak, let alone stop it. If anybody has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Maheen help

If it is the white plastic (UHMW) filler head block, it could be that some of the threads might have gotten stripped out, or your fittings on the beer line connectors might be leaking, they are compression type. I have also had the tees leak on the off gas manifold before. You may be able to find it easier with some darker liquid in the fill lines and gradually bring up the fill line pressure and see if you can spot it with or without the fill valve open. Then Call Dave Maheen if you need to, he is most helpful as he helped us get an old 93 model running like a champ.

Comment

Second for calling Dave.

Hey bill how you been? Dave also just got our 94 back up to speed. He is both knowledgeable and willing to help even though he doesn't make much off parts. A true packaging hero.

Comment

My Emergency Fix

So, here's what I did...

I took a long, thin bolt and used it to keep the two parts of the block lined up, and then I just used hose clamps to attach the filler hoses to the barbs. The entire setup is then held together with clamps (but it was already held together with clamps, so there you go).

Good luck so far. I will post any updates.

Bill

Comment

take a flashlight behind the manafold and shine twords you and look for hairline cracks really thin cracks......and then order a new one from Dave...!

Comment

Working...
          X