cleaning lines after lambic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning lines after lambic

One of my co-owners at the brewpub decided that it would be a good idea to put lindemans framboise lambic on tap. I have been told that once you put this beer on that you wont be able to get the taste out of the lines, even with cleaning acid etc. My problem is that i cant just replace the line either. It is a glycol system and if i were to replace the line I would have to replace the whole trunk line. Anyways does anywone have any experience in this. I am not going to put it on if its going to ruin one of my lines....

Thanks

Kyle

I have not had experience with the Lambic specifically but with wheat/fruit beers, I have had very good luck with a three step process, acid then caustic and then a third step with a 5 Star Sani Clean soak, overnight if possible. Make sure you follow directions and use a water buffer or rinse between chemicals.
    Jim Brown, Owner
    Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
    3440 Win Kae Place
    Bay City, MI 48706
    989-233-2221

Comment

Beer lines after Lambic/Wheat etc

Originally posted by Frankentrostjim
      I have not had experience with the Lambic specifically but with wheat/fruit beers, I have had very good luck with a three step process, acid then caustic and then a third step with a 5 Star Sani Clean soak, overnight if possible. Make sure you follow directions and use a water buffer or rinse between chemicals.
      After Lambic was in the beerlines, I had the following regime for beer line cleaning:
      1. Good rinse with water
      2. PBW at 2% through lines until the outlet measures the 2%
      3. Rest for 45 minutes
      4. Rinse PBW out with Water
      5. Pump an acidic solution (for ex. Acid # 2 ), 1%, rest for another 30 minutes
      6. Rinse with water

The forging helped with any beer, Lambic/Wheat/Fruit etc.

BTW: Make sure you unplug your beer line cooling sytem,so that the PBW can work at the proper temperature.

Hope the forgoing helps.

Fred Scheer

Comment

Working...
      X