Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg washer performance????

Howdy all,
    We have a brewery-built keg washer utilizing a three-chemical protocol. With this unit (which we'll dub "The KEGMASTER 2000!!!!"), we are able to purge, sanitize, and pressurize with CO2 in a little over five minutes. We're wondering if commercial machines are able to perform better.
    So here is my question:
    WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMMERCIALY-AVAILABLE KEG WASHERS (DESIGNED FOR MICROS) IN REGARD TO CHEMICALS USED, KEG WASH DURATION, EASE OF HANDLING, HOW COOL YOU LOOK DOING IT, ETC, ETC....

Also, throw out your vote for the best keg washer for a microbrewery using 1/2 bbl sankeys and 5 gal pubs.
    Thanks!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Hey Dave, while I was brewing at Atlanta BeerGarten in Newport News, VA, we had a 6-keg-at-a-time keg cleaner that kicked serious booty. It was a manual (no computer) machine with a big heated caustic reservoir. It didn't sanitize (except by heat), but we never had a problem with infected kegs, so I guess the heat did the job!

I've done the 3-hole sink keg cleaning thing, and this was a heck of a lot more efficient!

Don't know who built it, but it was a DME installation and I expect they supplied it along with everything else...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Ive used a 2 station simular to yours for years with out a problem, just make sure your chems are good and clean away.
      Sure I feel safer with alki-steam but what works-works
      www.Lervig.no

Comment

Working...
      X