Brewer's Report of Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewer's Report of Operations

I'm attempting to help complete the brewer's report of operation (TTB form).
    How do I quantify the volume of beer that is given away (free of charge) as samples in a tasting room?
    How is the volume of waste from packaging and from filling pints, growlers, etc at the taps?
    Does one total the columns down to get Total Additions to Beer Inventory and Total Removals from Beer Inventory?
    Any help is truly appreciated.

Report it in barrels to two decimal places. Basically come up with some number "as close as reasonable" that you can replicate and justify in an audit. And keep a copy of your calcs to have as proof of how you came about these numbers. Creativity may be required.
    If you don't feel comfortable that your methods or documentation can withstand scrutiny,(or don't know what it is), just leave the box as zero and pay the tax...it may not be that much.
    The totals, both horizontal and vertical, are just that-totals from above or from the left, as added. Yes, the form is somewhat redundant.
    Last edited by Moonlight; 01-26-2006, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks Moonlight.
      How about Line 2? I've been told to report new finished beer here, I've also been told to report what I have in the fermenters here. Which is it?

Comment

Line two is for finished beer- that is beer that is now currently beer, that was previously "produced by fermentation." I have encountered BATF folks who interpret everything differently, but this has been the consensus from them. I used to report what's in the fermenters on Line one, and was told that was not correct and that that stuff in the fermenters didn't belong on this form.
        You must understand, this form was an attempt to have a box for anything anybody does, and primarily set up for how the million+ barrel breweries work. It is an absolute waste of paper for most of us.

Comment

Simpler

Note: if you are a pub producing under 2000 bbls/year you can use amuch simpler "Brewpub Report of Operations" form. All forms avialable on TTB's web site as acrobat downloads.
          Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
          tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
          "Your results may vary"

Comment

Wow. Thanks Brian. I've been putting what's in the fermenters into line 1 too... Hell, that simplifies things quite a bit as other than fermenters, I've just got one tank.

So Ted, in order to use that simplified form, do you know if you have to be a brew PUB under 2000bbl/yr, or will a micro without a pub fit the bill? I'll poke around the site.

Nothing like answering questions I didn't even ask.

Scott

Comment

Have you seen the new form for 2006??? It is even more rediculous than the old form. It is also 14 inches long so I can't make a copy on my office copier or print one off the internet web site on my printer. It is a total waste of small brewers time, completely redundant to the other reports we file. Grumble.......Rant........Growl........OK I feel better

Comment

what volumes of waste/loss have brewers been reporting on this form? The one's I come up with seem awful high for a 10 bbl system!
                Glacier Brewing Company
                406-883-2595
                info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
                X