Bop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bop

Lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a BOP. I was wondering if anyone had any information or feedback about the buisness (pro's, con's, whatever).

Thanks,
    Ryan

How much money ya got? You're gonna need a lot. $100k at least. Homebrewing is a niche hobby. Pleople like instant gratification and making beer does not give you that. Very tough business indeed.

Comment

I have heard of people going to BOP's and making really great beer. However, almost all of your clients will be newbie brewer's I believe, since most homebrew competitions do not allow beer made at a BOP to be entered. This may require you to hold alot of hands through the brewing process. Then once people learn, they may leave you as a customer to set up shop in thier own garage. Sounds risky at best, have you thought about a homebrew shop instead?
      Dave

Comment

re: bops

Most bops get a bad rap about being a homebrew shop - which is true for the most part. Attempting to distinguish yourself from "homebrew" is what will make you sucessful. Having worked in a bop for the last few years - I will tell you that you will lose very few customers to making beer at home - you WILL lose customers if you aren't able to produce a quality product for them to enjoy. Good luck - it takes a lot more work than what the company who sells you the equipment leads you on to believe.

Brian
        brewer44@juno.com

Comment

thanks for the feedback!

I guess I love making beer and I know there would be great enjoyment on my end to share that with someone else.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X