Cleaning lines after serving lambic beers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning lines after serving lambic beers

Can anyone share their experiences with cleaning lines after they have served lambic beers in them. We are getting ready to serve some Kriek we made and I am trying to see what to do differently for cleaning these lines as opposed to my regular line cleaning. By the way they are flavor resistant lines that are permanently mounted in conduit wrapping so it would be tough to replace the entire line. Any info is appreciated..

Michael Uhrich
    Owner/Brewer
    Carter's Brewing
    Billings,MT

Beer line cleaner.

Regular cleaning with a good caustic cleaner should do just fine. I would go the distance and pull the faucet and coupler all the way apart.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

we usually use a warm caustic wash and/or maybe overnight soak followed by a good rinse.
      then we like to soak some PAA in the line. seems to eliminate odors better and sanitizes.

always a good idea to put a "hardier" beer up on that line next..

Comment

Certainly follow the caustic with some strong acid sanitizer. Brett's tough and make sure you didn't get any backflow into your CO2 lines. Peracide is great for this but only after your alkaline cleaning. We've done lots of Lambics and never had a carry over in serving lines.

Comment

Working...
        X