Zoning/Planning Expert for Hire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoning/Planning Expert for Hire

Are you trying to start a brewery and running into issues with the city, planning commission, zoning board of appeals, or other local regulators? As a certified urban planner and with my experience as a planning and zoning official and familiarity with zoning ordinances, I can help you navigate the headaches of local government. As a brewer, and having dealt with brewery applications in the past, I know how hard it can be to turn your dreams of starting a local brewery into a reality.

The local approval process is so much easier when you know what is expected of you and can submit applications and permits that meet the requirements instead of having to go back and forth with the municipality. Zoning ordinances can be confusing causing delays costing you time and money.

Here are some of the things I can help you with:
    - Zoning Ordinance Interpretation. I can take an ordinance and pull out all the requirements that pertain to you and summarize what you need to do.
    - Site Plan Review (this is the big one). Most breweries require site plan approval before construction. I can look at your plans and the zoning ordinance and make sure you're submitting everything you need in order to get approval the first time around. I can work directly with your architect if need be.
    - Variances. If your plan doesn't fit the zoning requirements, I can help you with the variance process. I can submit variance applications that meet the strict criteria for variance approval
    - Special Land Use. Some municipalities require breweries to obtain a special land use permit before receiving construction permits. I can help you navigate this layer of approvals as well.

Do it right the first time. Send me a private message or email me at cmdrico7812@gmail.com and tell me what you need. I am located in Michigan, but this type of work does not require me to be on site as long as all the documents are available digitally, but I can meet with you and also represent you at Planning Commission or Zoning Board of Appeals meetings if you'd like. I can work hourly or for a flat fee depending on your needs, and my rates are very reasonable.

As a planner and a brewer, I know the ins and outs of both industries and can help you turn your brewing dreams into reality.
    Last edited by cmdrico7812; 07-20-2010, 07:34 AM.

Bump for self-promotion

Comment

Shameless bump.

Comment

Working...
      X