Warehouse Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse Storage

I hope this question isn't too basic. What temperature is ideal for storing beer in a warehouse. Do I have to have the warehouse refrigerated. if I carry kegs does it need to be refrigerated. Any recommendations would be great.
    Thank you ahead of time.

warehouse temperature

I am also interested in the answer to this question

--Mike
    Ancient City Beer, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by acaesar
      I hope this question isn't too basic. What temperature is ideal for storing beer in a warehouse. Do I have to have the warehouse refrigerated. if I carry kegs does it need to be refrigerated. Any recommendations would be great.
      Thank you ahead of time.
      "ideal" would be to store it refrigerated.

Some product is better able to hold up to warm storage, but you will be doing the beer no favors. Other, non pasturized product would likely suffer more.

Comment

Without question refrigerated at 38 degrees would be ideal. However unless you have broken the magic bubble of affordable/profitable distribution 60-70f degrees is what most stores and warehouses carry at (for cases).
        Last edited by South County; 06-14-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

store temperature

so if the stores only keep 60-70 degrees should be adequate for warehouse temperature

-- Mike
          Ancient City Beer, LLC

Comment

Kegs usually should be stored below 40 degrees.

Comment

Sorry, but you started by using the word "ideal", not us, but ideal temperature is 32-36 degrees F. Ideally, at these temperatures, any oxidation reaction or microbio activity (obviously, we hope for none of either, but both do happen) is minimized. At these temperatures even non sterile filtered, non pasteurized beers can live over a year. If you're talking about cellar temps, then obviously it's better than 90+, but it's not going to last as long as the near freezing temps.

Comment

Working...
              X