Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systech Mill

Hey y'all
    We purchased a Systech Mill for our 7bbl system. Can't get it over 5lbs per minute. Suggestions?
    Cheers,
    Cory McDonald

Looking at their advertisement for the mill, and comparing it to the advertisement from monster for the same mill, I think they've pulled a fast one on you. The standard MM-3 is rated at 8lbs/min, the MM-3 pro only has 2" rollers instead of 1.5". Spun at the same RPM, the amount of inches per minute of the rollers goes up by 150%, and that is only 50% more than the 1.5" standard rollers. The only way you could get to 30lbs/minute is to spin that thing crazy fast, but that will not be good for your grist. Looking at the pulley set up, I would say its going at 400-600 RPM at most. But I don't see how they could possibly get to 30lbs/min. Our mill does 55-60lbs/min, with 12" rollers and a massive 7.5hp drive motor, I seriously doubt that the mill they show could do this at 1hp.
    Last edited by jebzter; 08-17-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jebzter View Post
      Looking at their advertisement for the mill, and comparing it to the advertisement from monster for the same mill, I think they've pulled a fast one on you. The standard MM-3 is rated at 8lbs/min, the MM-3 pro only has 2" rollers instead of 1.5". Spun at the same RPM, the amount of inches per minute of the rollers goes up by 150%, and that is only 50% more than the 1.5" standard rollers. The only way you could get to 30lbs/minute is to spin that thing crazy fast, but that will not be good for your grist. Looking at the pulley set up, I would say its going at 400-600 RPM at most. But I don't see how they could possibly get to 30lbs/min. Our mill does 55-60lbs/min, with 12" rollers and a massive 7.5hp drive motor, I seriously doubt that the mill they show could do this at 1hp.
      Thanks. Our assessment as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Cheers,
      Cory McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by JakesBeer View Post
        Thanks. Our assessment as well.

Yeah this thing is a major POS and they have refused to do anything about it

Cheers,
        Cory McDonald

Comment

Working...
        X