Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Admin did you make changes to the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Admin did you make changes to the site?

now when I come to the probrewer site I no longer see how many new post there are, or the link to my user cp did you make a change?

Laughing Dog

Same here and have to log-in everytime now.

What's up?
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

I don't like the change

What happened I really miss not being able to see the new posts/threads when I sign on.

J.M.Martin

Comment

ditto here! Hopefully it's just a mix up!

Admin- I know you only here from many of us when there's a problem with the site, but I know I speak for all of us when I say thank you for putting together this site. It's a huge help to me and an invaluable resource to the brewing community. I'm not joking when I say I check it several times a day. Cheers to you!
        Hutch Kugeman
        Head Brewer
        Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
        Hyde Park, NY

Comment

Cheers to the admin. I agree. this site in invaluable.

but I do miss the new posts thing as well

Comment

I did like the New Post and Threads feature a lot. It saved a mess of time of searching threads with no new posts....
            Joel Halbleib
            Partner / Zymurgist
            Hive and Barrel Meadery
            6302 Old La Grange Rd
            Crestwood, KY
            www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I think this reset might have just happened today. Maybe its some sort of cookie thing. Anyway, you can get the site to remember you like this:
              at the homepage, click on discussions, and in the top right corner there is the log-in space and you need to click on the box that says Remember Me.
              Once you've logged in, you can check your new posts by clicking on the New Posts menu item on the blue menu line across the top of the page (below the ad).

Comment

Site changes

Yes! We did do an upgrade today which will hopefully make the overall use of the site easier.

We lost the “number of new posts since you logged in” feature in the process – but we are working to restore that and hope to have that back up soon.

Thanks 'rafters' for the tip. There may be a few things that will function differently so let’s use this area to communicate those changes among us. I’ll leave updates here as we go.

It looks like due to the upgrade, everyone will have to login again – the cookies have been dropped. Once logged in, the site should recognize you on return visits just as in the past.

Thanks too for the kind words!

Admin

Comment

Any word on the "new posts since last visit" coming back?? I miss it so.
                  COAST Brewing Company

Comment

Ditto. I relogged in just to make sure, but still have to actually work to get to "new posts". I really like it the old way.....

Comment

Although it's not on the front page, the new post feature is working for me....I just click on "discussion board" then new posts.

Comment

Yes it works that way, but before when you came to the site it showed it to you in the upper left hand corner, was nice to just click on it and be at all the new posts

LDB

Comment

Well folks – looks like we are unable to reinstall the “new posts since you logged in” feature and the login field on the front page.

There are a couple of other ways to check recent posts and to log in.

To log in, you can do so on any of the Discussion Board or Classified pages. Or, if you try to post but have not logged in, a login field will be prompted and you can login that way.

To check for new posts, you can to either the Discussion Board or Classified pages and click on “New posts” at the top of the page. Posts that you have not yet read are in bold.

-or-

You can click on “Quick Links” and then click on “Today’s Post’s” and that will display new posts within the last 24 hours. Unread posts are in bold.

There are some other new features that are pretty nifty if you look around. The main and most important reason we did the upgrade was for security reasons. Sorry to those who liked the “old” way better – but it was essential that we make the secrity upgrade.

Thanks all,

Admin

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's been less posts since the "new concept" of this site has started. If security was an issue on the first page, would it be possible that once someone does log in to still have a "new posts since your last log in" option? I loved that feature and now I find myself not really wanting to make an effort to back track each category just to see what has happened. New posts is nice and all but if you haven't logged on in a coule days or a week, it does nothing for you.
                            Cheers,
                            Mike Roy
                            Brewmaster
                            Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
                            5123 Baltimore Ave
                            Hyattsville,MD 20781
                            301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
                            @franklinsbrwry
                            facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Comment

Not that big a deal...

Hey all, yes navigating PB is a little different than it used to be, yes you probably have to log in every time now and yes it takes two clicks instead of one to get to 'new posts since last visit' (and you have to -gasp- look for bold face type) but does any of that really matter? I agree that in the last week or so there seem to be fewer posts than normal but I expect that will change as we all become more comfortable with the 'new way'. It's still the same site, still valuable to all of us and if some changes needed to happen to keep it that way then no harm done, right?

-Kevin
                              -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X