KeyKegs and GR-type couplings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeyKegs and GR-type couplings

Has anyone else taken a serious look into the KeyKegs being sold out of the Netherlands?

We're very interested in using them. The technology looks great from the samples that we have received. Unfortunately they're using a proprietary coupling system based on the G-type coupler (Anchor Steam, Rogue, etc...). We're being told that it's possible to get them with German Slider or EU Sankey for a little more, but that they recommend using their GR-type coupling.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or gut reactions? I'm hesitant to tell customers, "I've got a great beer here, but you'll have to install a new coupling that only works with our kegs."

Alec,
    Uncommon Brewers
    www.uncommonbrewers.com
    (831)621-6270

It will be very difficult to get new draft accounts if you cannot easily switch a keg in for them to experiment with. Unless you have their customers harassing the bar owner for your beer, I would guess it will cut your potential new accounts by something like a half. I had Hoff-Stevens kegs when I started many years ago, and that is much of why I believe that. Even if the intelligent staff there has no problem, chances are that the line will free up at a time when "less-skilled" employees would need to change the keg. Easy or not, too many bar staffers struggle even with Sanke's they have seen before.

Comment

Fortunately we're not depending on these alone. We have a decent stock of sankey-fitted kegs as well.
      www.uncommonbrewers.com
      (831)621-6270

Comment

OK, its a late reaction, but better late than never.
        I use the Keykegs and I not pleased with it.
        Sometimes the keykegs won't open, I don't know why.
        One Keykeg has exploded.
        The presure was 3 bar, and they could handel 10 bar.
        In Holland it's not a big succes.
        And you need a nother coupler ( why )

Beers,
        Kees

Brewery Emelisse
        The Netherlands

Comment

Working...
        X