Thread: Belgium

Smile Belgium

Hello all,

Wondering if any of you will be in Belgium this weekend for either "The Night of the Large Thirst" or "The 24 Hours of Beer"?

I'll be in BE

I'll be ZBFing both days, various times - NvGD is a maybe, though I've attended the prior two versions and found it to be a bit dull (yes, I am that jaded...). But if you're looking for a concentration of lambics, that's the place to be. ZBF is a great fest but Bruxellensis (http://www.festivalbruxellensis.be/bruxellensis.en.html) in my opinion is THE fest to seek out.
    Your beery mileage, will of course, vary.

c

Sorry C. will have to pass. Should come and visit us sometime. Cheers.

Sulfur, hopefully we'll see you soon.

Regarding the three events: Bruxellensis is indeed good. I continue to refer to the Zythos Bier Festival as The 24 Hours of Beer, partially out of laziness but for nostalgic reasons as well, even though I know it's someone else's gig now (the Objektieve Bierproevers in another form, I believe). I did actually prefer The 24 Hours of Beer when it was in Antwerp, especially the year it was held in that building, I believe an old market hall, with lots of maps painted on the walls - the paintings of maps and the building itself date back to time Europe was still in its Colonial mode. It was held there that year, I think because the original venue had suffered some damage from a fire.

Weekend of the 2nd or the 9th? I'll be in the area on the weekend of the 8th and 9th. Any suggestions on where to go?