Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoP / Pilot System Supplier

G'day

Great forum.... been hanging around for a while.

Like a few others around here I am in the process of starting up a microbrewery... not in the States but in Slovenia (near Austria, Croatia, Italy, Hungary).

Part of my plan is to start with a small pilot system (maybe 1HL) which I will use as a pilot plant, and later it will hopefully morph into a BoP system when my main brewery is up and running. Anyone have any experience with suppliers (good or bad) of these small systems, or indeed experience in building one from scratch ?

Anyone have one that you are looking to offload

any help greatly appreciated.

HF

Look to Canada for equipment

THe Canadians started the whole concept with the vantage being they could pay less in taxes. Once the government started taxing some years ago many faded away. There are a lot of BOP kettle systems out there. Just from my experience running a microbrewery and BOP the profits of selling it by the glass are much greater. You might have an advantage with doing the BOP since your labor should be cheaper, labor expenses eat all of are profits. Lots of time wet nursing customers through the brew session, filtering, label making, and setting up the customer for bottling. That being said it is still fun having a BOP system to do special releases for the pub and festivals or just to experiment for larger batches. One other bonus to using a BOP with our 10Hl system is we have it piped as a CIP system saving on caustic and acid.

Cheers,
    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by kuhnhenn
      THe Canadians started the whole concept with the vantage being they could pay less in taxes. Once the government started taxing some years ago many faded away. There are a lot of BOP kettle systems out there. Just from my experience running a microbrewery and BOP the profits of selling it by the glass are much greater. You might have an advantage with doing the BOP since your labor should be cheaper, labor expenses eat all of are profits. Lots of time wet nursing customers through the brew session, filtering, label making, and setting up the customer for bottling. That being said it is still fun having a BOP system to do special releases for the pub and festivals or just to experiment for larger batches. One other bonus to using a BOP with our 10Hl system is we have it piped as a CIP system saving on caustic and acid.

Cheers,
      Eric
      cheers... I will check out the Canadians. Indeed my first aim was to use it small batch / new releases (and indeed my initial product....much easier to get rid of 100 liters of "not quite right" beer than 1,000). Can you explain a bit more about piping it in with your 10HL system for me (sorry if it is a stupid question) ?

Comment

Working...
      X