Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment for start up

Hey, all
    I'm working on a start up and was wondering what the best or at least good equipment is for all aspects of the brewery.

I have only worked for one brewery and our equipment is a mish-mash of stuff.

Size wise probably 10-15 bbl system.
    Brew house w/ mash / lauter combo
    Hot and cold liquor
    FV and BB
    Keg washer/ filler (I may make my own)
    CIP cart or skid.

Any advice you guys have would be much appreciated.

Lots of options...

Lots of options, depends on what your limiting factors are: budget, type of brewery (micro or brewpub), amount of space, budget, budget...

There are some pretty good threads about equipment, and about suppliers to avoid!

Lots of used equipment for sale, some of it downright inexpensive (relatively speaking, that is!).

I've worked with mix-and-match stuff, and I've worked with turnkey systems, and there's a lot to be said for working with a system engineered and installed by pros (I LOVED working on the DME system at one brewpub). On the other hand, sure can be cheaper to put together a system out of what's available, if you're reasonably good at system design yourself. Easy to make critical purchasing mistakes, too, like buying stuff from Brewtech (see earlier thread!) and ending up with junk...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Thanks, Tim

Here is a little more about the project Figure 10000 sq. ft micro with production not exceeding 1000 bbl first year. Only Ales and single step infusion mash. Three styles. No fruit yet but I have plans for a cranberry wheat. Budget is limited for equipment to, say, 100k?

I haven't been on the boards for a long time, so haven't had a chance to check all the other posts (business plans are a pain in the @$$.).

Thanks in advance,
      Jeff

note: I changed the budget from 200 to 100 because I hit the wrong key and didn't check before posting.

Jeff
      Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2004, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Check with Rob at Premier Stainless.

The brewing industry's premier manufacture of brewing equipment including Brewing Systems, Tanks, and Keg Washers since 2000.

They built us 5 serving tanks a few years back. Quality was excellent and prices were very competitive even against used equipment.

Comment

Hilton Head Brewery

I heard of a 10bbl brewpub on Hilton Head, SC that is now out of business. The new owner doesn't want to make beer on premises, and may be willing to sell the equipment, or be able to go for a joint venture in another town. I have spoken with a friend of his in Myrtle at New South and could get you in touch if interested.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks, brewmonkey, I'll check the sight out.

David, I would be interested in talking to this person to buy the equipment...or see what ideas he may have. E-mail me and we'll talk. thanks
            Jeff-------jlockhart@mindspring.com

Comment

Working...
            X