Single Head Bottler- Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Head Bottler- Advice needed

We are looking for a single head bottler for 22 oz. bottles. I know about the one from Applied Bottling. Anyone use it- opinions? If not, is there a better one out there?
    Thanks in advance.
    COAST Brewing Company

We have 2 HDP 3 head fillers. You can see a pick of the single head model on this thread...

I have them working, we just have not had the time to actually use them in production.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I have a 2-head HDP doing growlers and 500 ml bottles with capping (not on the growlers of course). It double pre-evacs and fills to sensor which has a time delay that is adjustable in the software for fill height. HDP is in our town but I have only called them once about an adjustment issue so I can't really speak to service. It works well but you're paying more for all the bells and whistles. I would recommend them.

Comment

we are just dialing in a 4 head HDP filler. It's gonna be great once I get it all figured out. Service has been great.
        I rec. buying as many heads as you can afford. Even 4 at a time is pretty labor intensive.
        Matt Van Wyk
        Brewmaster
        Oakshire Brewing
        Eugene Oregon

Comment

How's your 4 head HDP running? We have one as well. Fully automatic (pre-eval, crowning, etc.). How many cases have you managed to run per hour? We top off at 12 cases of 24 per hour. Not fast enough... but at least the quality is there.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by cbierb
            How's your 4 head HDP running? We have one as well. Fully automatic (pre-eval, crowning, etc.). How many cases have you managed to run per hour? We top off at 12 cases of 24 per hour. Not fast enough... but at least the quality is there.

Charles
            we've only owned it for a couple of weeks and we are 15 gallons into it (took a long time-still tweaking) and are waiting on printed bottles. so-I can't answer that now, but I will when I know. Your rate is about what I expect from this (we have 22's so are in cases of 12. 96 cases to a pallet, if I can do 25 of thsoe cases in an hour, I can knock that out in 4 hours plus set up/clean up. If low fills are minimal, I'll be happy. We don't have space to store much anyway.
            Good Luck
            Matt Van Wyk
            Brewmaster
            Oakshire Brewing
            Eugene Oregon

Comment

Working...
            X