Weizen beer glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weizen beer glasses

Weizenbier season has nearly come to the midwest. Last year, we bought a bunch of the fancy weizenbier glasses like these:

We had massive breakage due them being fairly fragile plus we wash them by hand on the rotating brushes. Also, it was hard to get the bottom of the glass clean on the rotating brushes.

This year, I'd like to do better, at least on the breakage issue. Is there a type of this glass less breakable? Any recommendations for choice of glass manufacturer? Tips on how to not break them?

They are all tough to clean, particularly when the schmew is left on the bottom for any duration.
    We used to buy a 23oz-er from cardinal that was tempered that you could drive nails with. It did not have the fancy fluting though.

Comment

Source for tempered wheat beer glasses?

OK, I'm going to order a small quantity of tempered wheat glasses and see how we do. Does anyone have a source for them? I'm going to get a quote from cardinal and would like to call at least one other place before ordering.

Comment

go for the weizen

IMO a Weizen should be drunk from a Weizen glass! Good on you for getting some. I wish I could convince people around here to get them.

Comment

Rastal

Rastal works with Christlan here in the States. Contact Dennis Orr at

Glasses are coming from Germany, so the EURO/$ farce will probably not help as far as comparative pricing is concerned.

Comment

weizen glass

Hi,

We had the same problem with tapered weizen glasses. We got rastal, a german company, to make ours. We have this design with our own logo. Generally find that these break less than the tapered ones, plus cleaning the bottom of it is easier.

Comment

sizing

The standard Weissbier glass fits 0.5L (with a generous head of foam). Are the custom glasses you had made, the same size or do they have "pint Weissbier glasses"?

Comment

Weizen glasses

We have a surplus of Rastal weizen glasses that we can sell to you at cost. We bought them last year before the dollar tanked. If interested, I can get you more details and a pic.

Paul Siperke
                psiperke@alltel.net

Comment

We had both made...first was 0.5L glasses but then HMRC in the UK didn't like beer in 0.5L and 1l glasses, so we got them branded with a pint mark line on it - same size glass though!

Comment

Spullboy

checkout the Spullboy post it is more gentle on the glasses versus the electric brushes.

you can checkout the video on our site at http://www.nationalchemicals.com click on the retail link and the video is right there.

The device is actually made in Germany and a good amount of the Brewhauses use the device, I would recommend maybe taking a look into it.

Benefits
                    - Runs on water pressure
                    - No electricity needed
                    - Saves on water usage
                    - Gentle on glassware

Comment

No sanitizer?

Looks from the video like the spulboy skips the final rinse sanitizer. Doesn't that outlaw it in the US?

Comment

Spullboy Sanitizer

you still need to have a sanitize sink. It basically rules out the need for the other 2 sinks.

It strictly is your Wash and Rinse put into 1 easy to use device.

It is being used right now at a local establishment.

it is NFS certified to do the washing and rinsing.

This is a German Product that has been used for years in the brewhaus and pubs over in Germany.

You still need a sanitize sink.

Comment

Pita

Originally posted by beerclean
                          You still need a sanitize sink.
                          which makes it just about worthless. Might as well just use a 3 sink with the correct chemicals...or a heat sani dish machine. We have a dedicated machine for beer glasses
                          Larry Horwitz

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Horwitz
                            which makes it just about worthless. Might as well just use a 3 sink with the correct chemicals...or a heat sani dish machine. We have a dedicated machine for beer glasses
                            I've taken ours to Brew Fests' that I know don't supply rinse stations. I take a keg or two of water to operate the unit. Best use I've found for the Spulboy.
                            Cheers & I'm out!
                            David R. Pierce
                            NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
                            POB 343
                            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
                            X