tank and line cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reclaiming lines

Another brewer in town recently reclaimed Rootbeer lines with no problem. Before you all start laughing let me tell you they were relatively new barrier lines, but they did have rootbeer in them for a few years. I cant remember what he used, nothing special though. I think he let solution soak overnight. He then packed the lines with water overnight and tasted the water for rootbeer flavor and it was clean and he has had no problems. So if you have good barrier tubing reclaiming a fruit beer line should be easy if you've kept them clean.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I did pretty much the same thing. Ran a Caustic solution through the lines and let it sit overnight. Today we ran an acid rinse (trusty #5) and then a star san solution. We then hooked the line up to the Oktoberfest tank and let it sit all day, we found no uninvited fruity flavors in the product.

BTW i like the idea of bi-weekly line cleanings, we have just done it every time we empty a tank (6-10 weeks).

PS wear those saftey glasses right after a bartender asked me what would happen if acid got in your eye an air pocket came through the tap and sprayed my face with acid rinse.
      nothing like the bi-weekly eye rinse

jephro
      Jeff Byrne

Comment

Working...
      X