Perlick sample port gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perlick sample port gasket

Does anyone know where to get these? My ports screw directly in the tank and one of my gaskets is shot.

Thanks-
    Eric

I took one with me to the local Ace hardware and matched it up. Works great, no leaks. I didn't write down the size or cost, but I think they were 20 or 30 cents a piece.
    Paul Thomas
    Brewer
    Sockeye Brewing
    www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

I called perlick directly and they sent me a handfull. I have also known of people replacing the fiber gaskets with a rubber one, i'm sure they have a much longer life.

Never have really understood why they use those fiber gaskets... Anyone know??
      Jeff Byrne

Comment

My guess is that it is because fiber gaskets are cheaper to make. Fiber gaskets are ok for most chemicals but usually pressure and temperature cause all kinds of problems. Are they even sanitary?

Comment

Awesome! Thank you all for your responses.

Cheers- Eric

Comment

On the cheap

Snipping the end off an appropriately sized (3/8?) and thick walled beer line works in a pinch.
            -Kevin

Comment

Mcmaster Carr

Or your local industrial supply co. should have O-rings available in a number of materials/sizes. We've been using a 204 size for most of our zwickles, 3/8" ID by 5/8" OD, 1/8" thick in BUNA, a nickel per. Cheers
              Matt Walsh

Comment

Originally posted by MJT
                My guess is that it is because fiber gaskets are cheaper to make. Fiber gaskets are ok for most chemicals but usually pressure and temperature cause all kinds of problems. Are they even sanitary?
                well the sample ports aren't sanitary either....for what it's worth...
                Larry Horwitz

Comment

I have used a fat o ring in a pinch.
                  Joel Halbleib
                  Partner / Zymurgist
                  Hive and Barrel Meadery
                  6302 Old La Grange Rd
                  Crestwood, KY
                  www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
                  X