Wedding Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Beer

I'm making a wedding beer that will have several ethnic components to it, Irish, English, Scottish, German and Dominican. I have everything covered except Irish. Other than Irish ale yeast does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Danny McGovern
    Brewer
    Monhegan Brewing Co.
    Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Originally posted by alesu
    I'm making a wedding beer that will have several ethnic components to it, Irish, English, Scottish, German and Dominican. I have everything covered except Irish. Other than Irish ale yeast does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    See Names for Wedding Beers for ideas.
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

We have a name picked out. I'm looking for ingredients.
      Danny McGovern
      Brewer
      Monhegan Brewing Co.
      Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

I understand. The thread listed in the link lists two dozen styles of beer suggestions.
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Best name for weeding beer

We made this for my wife's cousins wedding:

Nuptu-Ale.

The bride placed all of the bottles at a receiving table during thereception. She placed a small tag with a piece of string around the neck of the bottle. The tag had your name and your table/seat number on it. Creative! We also placed a picture of the bride/groom in the center of the label.

Cheers,
          Shawn

Comment

Get ahold of some heather and brew with it! Heather Ale is wonderfully herby!
            Williams Bros. brews & merchandise direct from the source.

Prost!
            Dave
            Glacier Brewing Company
            406-883-2595
            info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Please don't throw tomatoes

You could either put some green dye in the beer or cook your corned beef in the boil.

Comment

Does anyone know if Irish malt is available in the States?
                Danny McGovern
                Brewer
                Monhegan Brewing Co.
                Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

I can't be the only one to think of this . . . IRISH MOSS!!??

oddly enough, (as our side is Irish-origin) I mentioned it on the bottle of my brother's wedding beer I mentioned on the other wedding beer thread.
                  cheers
                  Mike McGuigan,
                  nr Liverpool (prob UK's Irish-est city)
                  Do you want to brew beer yourself? We've everything you need for that. From brewing buckets and brewing kettles to the malt! Make your own beer an enjoy!

Comment

re Irish Moss - at least in the UK AFAIK, Irish Moss is actually produced using seaweed harvested on the West Coast of Ireland.

I was at a training day at a UK finings manufacturer & was told a tale of them trying to get info from the seaweed 'farmers' - they would call early to speak to them only to be told by the wife that they were still out collecting. On ringing back a wee while later they would be told they were in the pub!
                    cheers
                    MikeMcG

Comment

Hi,
                      I've thought of Irish Moss but I'm not sure of the source of the irish moss that we use. Thanks for the reply.
                      Danny McGovern
                      Brewer
                      Monhegan Brewing Co.
                      Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

you could ask your supplier where they source the unrefined seaweed from?

but if that fails, as you say, Irish yeast sounds like a good idea, or you could do an in-keg "corpse-reviver" & add a bottle of whiskey?

I'm told in Dublin a "corpse-reviver" (hair of the dog) is a shot of port in your pint of Guinness! Maybe not quite the message you'd want to send out at a wedding though!

Sláinte
                        Mike McGuigan
                        Betwixt Beer Co, nr Liverpool, UK
                        Do you want to brew beer yourself? We've everything you need for that. From brewing buckets and brewing kettles to the malt! Make your own beer an enjoy!

Comment

Mike,
                          I like the idea of a corpse reviver with some Irish Whiskey added to the keg before filling. I can think of several members of my family that would actually love the idea of it. I don't think I mentioned that my daughter is getting married and I am brewing the wedding beer.
                          Thanks for the input.
                          Danny McGovern
                          Brewer
                          Monhegan Brewing Co.
                          Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

so you think you may have sorted breakfast out now, what about the wedding meal

Good luck with it all (for some reason, I'd assumed you were groom/best man)
                            cheers,
                            Mike.

Comment

Working...
                            X