Moving a Brewhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a Brewhouse

I'm considering the purchase of a 15BBL brewhouse and need to figure out how to move it from Montana to Seattle. Seller will decommission and load the gear onto a truck but my question is whether I should attempt to drive the truck myself or hire a mover. Any thoughts welcome particularly suggestions on moving companies, prices, etc.

Many thanks.

Matt
    Green Lake Brewing Company

My suggestion would be to hire a rigger to move it for you. This will insure that the equipment will be moved by professionals that carry insurance in the case of mishap. We had all of our equipment moved and placed this way.
    Here is their website if you want to try them.
    BJ Knoke
    Hub City Brewing Company
    "The Largest Microbrewery In Stanley, Iowa"

Comment

We just loaded shipped and unloaded a 7bbl brew system. Tractor w/ Flatbed with straps from Las Vegas, New Mexico to Mccall, Idaho. Restricted shipping and not all interstate. $3,800. That includes broker fee. It went very smooth. You would need a machine with forks on both ends.

Gotta run to brew...wohoo....cant go into dtails right now. Let me know if you want more info.
      l8r and good luck!

Comment

Decommissioning thoughts

Thanks for the input and link to Todd Specialized (I'll call them in the morning). The Seller (an all around nice guy) will decommission and load the gear so I'll be there "managing" the process and taking as many pics and video as possible for reassembly. My next question is on this note; any decommissioning thoughts? The gist of the question is this: I'll have to reassemble the brewery - with help from the fine brewers in Seattle - once it arrives and this will be an adventure so any advice on the process is more than welcome. The brewhouse was manufactured by "Bruce" who seems to be MIA so I'll be starting fresh on this one. Thanks to HubCity and SRB for the insight. SRB, I sent you a PM re: talking on the phone.

Cheers,

Matt
        Green Lake Brewing

Comment

I worked for Bruce, he was the brewmaster at the Breckenridge Brewery in Denver(Blake St.) for a short time, then he started making brewsystems. I'd forgotten about those chrome finishes until I read the post selling this brewhouse. Call Todd Usry at the Breckenridge Brewery in Denver(Kalamath St.), he may remember/know of his whereabouts-keep in mind this was in the early 90's.
          Paul Thomas
          Brewer
          Sockeye Brewing
          www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

I helped move that system from Colorado to Montana. We used a trailer and a U-Haul truck, went fine. I put it together using a picture of half the system. Took two days but if i would have had pictures it coul be done in a day (the brew house anyway). Very simple system and nice to work with. You will have no problems getting it back together.

Comment

Brew House Movement

Originally posted by Matt L
              I'm considering the purchase of a 15BBL brewhouse and need to figure out how to move it from Montana to Seattle. Seller will decommission and load the gear onto a truck but my question is whether I should attempt to drive the truck myself or hire a mover. Any thoughts welcome particularly suggestions on moving companies, prices, etc.

Many thanks.

Matt
              Green Lake Brewing Company
              Matt--
              If up to me I would have it go 'into' a truck as opposed to 'onto' a truck if you're not loading it...I find that some pieces can rattle off during the voyage...plus I like comparing the manifest to the load...then take a full truckload and don't try to LTL it...just my two cents.
              Owen

Comment

Moving a Brew House

Matt--
                If up to me I would have it go 'into' a truck as opposed to 'onto' a truck if you're not loading it...I find that some pieces can rattle off during the voyage...plus I like comparing the manifest to the load...then take a full truckload and don't try to LTL it...just my two cents.
                Owen

Comment

label everything

I would label each and every pipe, valve etc, with sharpie or masking tape etc. Draw diagrams, take pictures/video. Do it all. Then do more. You can not be too careful and detailed. Especially with a system with no existing manufacturer to go to.

Comment

Working...
                  X