Thread: Cryofine

Cryofine

Does anyone know the proper preparation and dosing of Cryofine finings? I found an old package laying around the brewery and want to experiment adding the Cryofine to my fermenter pre-filter and/or adding it to an unfiltered keg of beer. Any suggestions? I've been unable to find ANY info on Cryofine on-line.

thanks,

Hutch Kugeman
    Assistant Brewer
    Great Adirondack Brewing Co.
    Lake Placid, NY

I found an old fact sheet on Cryofine. It's manufactured by James Vickers Ltd. in the UK. Phone#01283563268. It says all you have to do is mix the cryofine into cold water or beer (15-20C) at a rate of 5-10 g/L. Mix it in a powerful mixer. Mix for two minutes every 10 minutes for 30 minutes and add to beer preferably inline. It gives a rate of 1.2-2.5 grams per hl for optimum clarity. You will just have to experiment with small amounts of beer first. If you want a copy of the entire sheet give me a fax and I'll send it to you or call the UK. Hope this helps. By the way it says there is a 7 day shelf life once you hydrate it.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Hey Willey,
    Thanks for the info. If you have time I'd love to look at the whole spec sheet on Cryofine.

Fax me at (518) 523-2821. Thanks again,

HUTCH
    Great Adirondack Brewing Co.