New Brewery Plans in Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brewery Plans in Alabama

I have been hanging around here for a while now, and can now post up our plans.
    My partner and I have almost gotten everything finished with the Alabama Beverage control board and the TTB have given us the big OK after hat seemed like an eternity.
    we are going to be doing what so many have said not to do........ a very small 1 bbl "pico" sized brewery.
    after working out the distribution #%^#%$*^&&%^ we are almost ready to begin setting up the Chattahoochee Valley brewing Company.
    Wish us luck......
    www.beerontheriver.com

Originally posted by v2comp
    Wish us luck......
    Best of luck and way to keep chuggin' along....Go get em'!!

Comment

That's great - where are you going to be located?
      Linus Hall
      Yazoo Brewing
      Nashville, TN
      www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by lhall
        That's great - where are you going to be located?
        in Russell county, outside of the Phenix City (city limits) across the river from Columbus GA.
        www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Alabama definitely needs more breweries!!!!!
          John Little | Auburn, Alabama
          General Counsel, Southern Farmhouse

Comment

Good Luck !!!

We have done the same here in PA. We built a 1.5 BBL system and are running it out of my garage. We have our PA Brewers license and Our Brewers Notice from the TTB Yeeeeee Haaaaa that was a fun process....
            We should have beer in local bars in pubs with in a month.

Here are some pics of the brewery.

again best of luck to you!!!

-Chris
            Breaker Brewing Company

Comment

Good job, nice to see more breweries popping up. Plus you're close to AU. WAR EAGLE!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzmac
                Good job, nice to see more breweries popping up. Plus you're close to AU. WAR EAGLE!!
                War Eagle......
                and yes, I am about 35 minutes from AU.......
                Thanks
                www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Originally posted by breakerboy
                  Good Luck !!!

We have done the same here in PA. We built a 1.5 BBL system and are running it out of my garage. We have our PA Brewers license and Our Brewers Notice from the TTB Yeeeeee Haaaaa that was a fun process....
                  We should have beer in local bars in pubs with in a month.

Here are some pics of the brewery.

again best of luck to you!!!

-Chris
                  Breaker Brewing Company
                  I like the wood finish!

What are you fermenting in? I noticed you've got some walk-ins on the left, doing a temp controlled fermentation room?
                  www.devilcraft.jp
                  www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

Originally posted by jason.koehler
                    I like the wood finish!

What are you fermenting in? I noticed you've got some walk-ins on the left, doing a temp controlled fermentation room?
                    Yep thats right... Its all a homemade setup but it will heat and cool as we need it...I will get more details out for anyone interested...

Thanks,
                    Chris
                    Breaker Brewing Company

Comment

Originally posted by v2comp
                      the TTB have given us the big OK after hat seemed like an eternity.
                      As I am getting started and mailing my Brewers Notice App this week. Can you fine folks tell me roughly the time frame you experienced and do you have any advice for me?

Good luck and congrats to v2comp and breakerboy.
                      Thanks,
                      Rob

Comment

I think it was 3 to 4 weeks after I mailed my pack to the TTB when I gave them a call. I spoke to a very nice lady (can't remember her name) She said it had been sitting on her desk for over a week and she had not got a chance to look at it. Anyway... after I spoke to her we set up a phone interview. After the phone interview which was pretty painless we got the "BIG OK" in about a week.
                        My advice is send the app in and wait a week or two and then make a check up call...

-Chris
                        Breaker Brewing Company

Comment

garage brewery

Am I wrong that the garage must be detatched, i.e., not a part of the dwelling, to appease the TTB?

Comment

I think this is the common misconception, but the TTB concerned about collecting taxes. If you can shuffle beer between your house and brewery without anyone seeing it, that's an issue.

From the "garage brewers" I've been in touch with, being physically connected to a residence isn't a problem as long as it has a completely separate entrance. In other words, you need to go outside, or in plain sight, in order to get between the brewery and the residence.

Comment

thanks, wit - I have been confused by the email below from a ttb agent:

"The beer regulations do not allow the establishment of a brewery in a dwelling house. You could however establish a brewery in a detached garage."

Now if I can just get someone to zone it commercial.........

Comment

Working...
                              X