Thread: Bourbon barrel stout

Thumbs up Bourbon barrel stout

Ok, I just racked off our stout that was in the barrels for 8 months.. It's wonderful. I am charging 6$ per 12 oz. serving here at the brewpub. I have some intrest from some other pubs wanting to put on a 1/6th barrel on tap. My question is for anyone that is doing barrel aged beers is:

Whats the average cost that you guys are charging for the barrel aged beers.

I have been doing our other beer for awhile now and have my prices for those it just for the barrel aged beer??

Thanks
    Kyle

What to charge...

In the long run you'll make more money if you keep it in house. I'm getting about 240 8oz serving from a half bbl. At $5 a serving that's $1200 at retail.
    If you're a good guy you'd sell your barrel aged beer at wholesale at about 25% of retail or $300 per 1/2bbl. So, all of a sudden you should see it's not so profitable at wholesale...

Tash

Hey thanks Tash, Yea i went ahead and sold just one 1/6th barrel to a key location that brings our pub business. I sold the 1/6th for 100$ and the rest at the brewpub. This beer goes over well we sell 10 ounce for 6$ and no one really has an issue with the price. Thanks again