Corny Keg cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corny Keg cleaner

I am trying to figure out a set up to clean our customers corny kegs faster and more efficient. Right now we soak them in super c, rise then soak in sanitizer. Does anyone have a better set up like one would use in a with sankes? Maybe with caustic and a pump? thanks

We made a cask cleaner by cutting the top off a 1/2 bbl and mounting a small sprayball sticking out the top. The other end of the pipe with the sprayball sticks out the side of the keg with a tri fitting. The last thing is a tri fitting welded to the bottom of the keg.

So the bottom of the keg feeds the line in on the pump. The sprayball gets hooked to the out. All we have to do to clean cornys instead of casks is add a T before the sprayball and connect a poly hose in that has a T to the male and female ball lock fittings. When cleaning you attach the fittings take the top off the corny and place it upside down over the sprayball. So your caustic and sanitize cycles are pumping through the sprayball all over the inside of the keg and it is also circulating through both the in and outlets of the keg as well. Everthing falls back into the bottom of the keg.

We started using this for cleaning casks and I realized with a extra hose and corny fittings it works perfect.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

had a feeling thats how it should be set up. but wondered if anyone else had done it. what size pump do you use?

Comment

I just use our house CIP/Tranfer pump. I thought it might be to much for the little sprayball (which I got from GW Kent) but the little plastic one has had no problems.
        Joel Halbleib
        Partner / Zymurgist
        Hive and Barrel Meadery
        6302 Old La Grange Rd
        Crestwood, KY
        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

We use corny kegs. We clean them like Brewinlou says. In many ways they are simpler to clean than "regulation" kegs; you can see inside them, you can put a spray ball into them, you can add a detergent soak without the need of a pump (just dump it inside), and you can manually scrub them if needed. Just remember to wash both the product dip tube and the CO2 stem while you're CIPing the cornys. The valves and tubes may be the perfect bacterial housing sites. Cheers!
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Corney washing tub -

I have attached some pictures of the simple corney washer we built a while back, using a fiberglass wash tub from Lowes $28.50, PVC pipe & drain CPVC pieces, to hold keg in place $10.00, Placed on a cart to be portable in brewery, turn on and wash inside and dip tubes at the same time then rinse and sanitize - priceless. 3/4hp CIP pump with plastic spray ball and corney connections. works great. Could have used TC's and portable pump but we had the small extra CIP pump sitting around.
            Attached Files
            Marty

Comment

Working...
            X