Craft meister alci brewery wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft meister alci brewery wash

Anybody use it? Is it basically the same thing as PBW?

Thanks

JackK

Anyone? Bueller?............Bueller?

Comment

So, absolutely no one has heard of or used this product?

Comment

I even used the googles and couldn't find anything on the product.

Who is the manufacturer?
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

National Chemicals -

Here it is on the National Chemicals Website.

Comment

$3.08/lb. on the largest size? Unless it runs a CIP by itself I'll stick with Birko Bru-R-Ez.
            Cheers & I'm out!
            David R. Pierce
            NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
            POB 343
            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

We tried it out cleaning the kettle. It didn't do as good a job as PBW.
              Linus Hall
              Yazoo Brewing
              Nashville, TN
              www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

cool....thanks guys!

Comment

I'm trying it out today, gonna clean a fermenter that had a stout in it with heavy residue, and the kettle. I got a free sample sent to me so I figure I will try it. The seller boasted the price, saying it would save me, but North Country Malt has a 50# PBW for 120.00, and the Craft Meister is 122.00 for 40#. I dont use PBW, I use a local chemical supplier that manufactures himself. I like to keep it local, but I'm wondering how much PBW is used for a typical cleaning. Craft Mietser says 1oz per gallon, which on a 7BBL system puts the cost per clean at about a 1.00 per use. Thoughts???
                  Tim Butler

Empire Brewing Co.
                  Syracuse, NY

Comment

Hey Tim! Our experience with PBW is fairly good on the hot side. 1 oz per gallon seems about right. Fermenters always need an acid wash to keep beerstone down. Using PBW without the acid wash will give an unhealthy bronze tinge to the fermenters within a few months. And then it's difficult to remove. I've heard great things about Bru-r-eze, and will try some of that next time I'm ready to order chemicals. Cheers!
                    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

I received a sample and used it successfully. Seemed to work about as well as PBW in the kettle and fermentors. I did have some foaming though. The price I got quoted was around $60 for 40lbs. I think the $120 is MSRP from a distributor. I might order a bucket to do further tests as it would be a good savings.
                      Big Willey
                      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I got a sample as well. It worked, but had some bad foaming issues too.
                        Scott Isham
                        Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Foaming Issues

Scott and BigWilley what temp were you using the product at when you had the foam concerns?
                          Jason Klee

Comment

After talking to Scott at Nat Chem. I bumped up the cleaning temps to 130-140F and the foam issues stopped. Interestingly enough the foam is not an issue in the dish bottom brites at lower temps only the conicals. The stuff works good in the kettle, FV and Serving tanks. I ordered a 40 lb tub so I'll see how it works in the long run. They were good about responding to the foam issues and actually sent me another sample out to try. Its worth trying out if you currently use PBW and the like.
                            Big Willey
                            "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

I got another sample but haven't tested it yet. Plan on doing it within the next couple of days. I will post my results as well.
                              Scott Isham
                              Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Working...
                              X