used equipment/auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used equipment/auctions

i currently work for an auction company that sells dairy equipment. I have noticed that brewers have been coming to our auctions to purchase tanks and pumps and general plant equipment. I am thinking about starting an auction firm that focuses on the brewing industries.
    -do you buy used equipment?
    -do you buy equipment at auctions?
    -online auctions or live?

i am thinking we would offer auction and liquidation services and set up a webpage where breweries could sell off surplus equipment.
    I have worked in auctions since finishing college in 2002. I don't know a lot about brew equipment - so any info, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested in partnering with me I am open to that too. Please email me lap18@cornell.edu?
    Lindsay Patross-
    lap18@cornell.edu
    interested in starting an auction firm that specializes in brewery equipment

If you do decide to do this, realize that you are entering a market where others have an established foothold. There are a small handful of companies that act as equipment brokers and they do it quite well. We buy ALL our equipment used if possible. I welcome a new used equipment company. Contact me directly if you'd like any specifics. Dave@glacierbrewing.com
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Used Equpment Company

Hey Dave,

Could you specify what companies you meant when you wrote

"There are a small handful of companies that act as equipment brokers and they do it quite well."

Thanks

Comment

I have worked with Bavarian Breweries in the past and have been very happy with my experience with them. Lewis went above and beyond in our transaction. Also, I've worked with NABS and have found them to be quite reliable. I have extremely good second-hand information concerning Sound Brewing and they are also very good to deal with. If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please contact me directly.
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Glen

Comment

The current lineup of equipment brokers post in here frequently, so just look around. NABS, SBS, Barvarian, and Ager to name a few.

Contact me directly for more info. I personally would WELCOME new blood.

S

Comment

Working...
            X