Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass problems

Hello,
    We have recently had a lot of problems with our 12 oz bottles from our glass provider, Anchor Glass Container. Has anyone else had any problems with this provider in the past or present?

Patrick

What Anchor plant are you getting your bottles from and what problems are you having?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliff Panneton
    Panneton Consulting
    Business Broker
    Last edited by PanConsulting; 05-13-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Also having problems. what were yours?

Comment

We are having cold mold and tearing. We are also having bad seams and leakers. They seems to have little pin holes on them. How about you?

Comment

You should be charging back all losses and downtime to Anchor if they are sending you bad glass. This would depend on how your contract is written. You should reject that date of glass and try another date. Unfortunately the quality from most glass companies is hit and miss.

Comment

Try Owens-Illinois glass. Their quality and service are excellent.

Comment

Patrick,
              Definitely pull lot number info and if possible look on the bottom for mold numbers to see if you have a bad mold release trends. I would get Anchor involved ASAP, you may only be seeing the tip of the problem and you may be in for a bigger surprise after shipping and handling takes its toll. A very risky exposure from a liability standpoint. I do have a BS degree in ceramics/glass science so I'm not talking out of my arse. At least not completely.

Comment

Working...
              X