No announcement yet.

Who is the manufacturer of this valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the manufacturer of this valve?

Can anyone tell me who is the manufacturer of this valve. I would like to order a new seat....

Thank you

I.D. Rinks
    Attached Files

I have some tri-clover fitting(not DIN) 1 1/2" valves on some old JVNW tanks that look like that, with the blue ball at end of handle.
    Paul Thomas
    Brewer
    Sockeye Brewing
    www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Valves

I have DIN Valves like that too! Came from a Beraplan system.......I have similar DIN valves that came with the system too, Kieselmann. The seats might interchange with each other. Its worth checking out.

Comment

Thanks you. They are off an old JVNW propagator......

Comment

I have them on Japanese Meura fermenters. They have a blue dust cap on top, no? Don't know where they come from, but when you find replacement seats, please let me know. I could use a spare or two. Good luck!
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Valve Seat

If you send me one of the old seats I might be able to either match them up or have some made custom for you.
            Dwight Clark
            BreweryGaskets
            2925-C E Patrick Ln
            Las Vegas, NV 89120
            Jet Gasket & Seal Co
            Brewerygaskets.com
            (702) 448-6787

Comment

k

I would ditto the above about Kieselmann. Those are the valves I use, they are all stamped with the Kieselmann logo.

Comment

Ian Richardson

FYI. I was just browsing and saw this thread. I am pretty sure that is a picture of an old Nocado valve. Tuchenhagen (GEA) used to sell these in North America (have since made their own) but it is probably one of the most common generic butterfly valves in Europe. I would check with GEA to see if they still sell spares. I looked at the Nocado website and didn't see a distributor over here but they are alive and well in Germany. Worst case check out nocado.com

Comment

There seems to be 3 responses that they recognize the valve....

I have followed Ian Richardson's advice to Tuchenhagen (GEA)- (207) 317-4162 sales department. They have been very helpful. They seem to recognize the valve and the gasket - Part #224-613.33 - Gasket for Butterfly valve MS D40 MVQ

They have referred me to a somewhat local distributor.
                  The gaskets will take several weeks to come from Germany.

And, Yes there is a little blue dust cap on the top, covering the Allen key hole.

Thank you to everyone who responded

Comment

Anyone find the make on this valve definitively? I need a whole slew of new seals in 1, 1 1/2 and 2 inch nominal. Was hoping that by now some good soul had sourced them. Any help ladies & gentlemen?
                    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Those valves look like they will accept a typical DIN type peg valve seal.
                      I ordered some of these 3 years ago and they worked well for us. Try a company called The Complete Winemaker in Saint Helena, California. The part number is either 6505PT02 or try 6505HLVS (1.5 inch silicone valve seats). Hopefully this will work out for you. Let me know if it does.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X