Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure rupture disks...

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a good (cheap) supplier of pressure rupture disks. I'm on the east coast and I need 2" disks to replace a couple of mine which have decided to develop slow leaks. good times.

In the past of purchased from JV Northwest, but at $154.00 a pop (plus cross country shipping) I'm looking to save money if possible. Anyboday have any good leads out there?

thanks,

Hutch
    Hutch Kugeman
    Head Brewer
    Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
    Hyde Park, NY

Try its either applied beverage technology or allied beverage technology. I cant recall wich one it is. They are located in New Jersey I believe. The person I spoke with name is Jim C. They have a wide veriaty of brewing equipment.

CHEERS
    The Pig

Comment

rupture disks

What are your tanks rated?

We had some vintage tanks (Western Brewing Systems - pre Pub and Bohemian) at one brewery that had said anti-implosion devices. We would make our own disks out of heavyweight aluminum foil and change them out every cip. They would usually hold up to 25 psig even though the tanks were rated for 15 (newbie cellar rats would forget to start transfer when they hit pressure). The trick was to make them up ahead of time and to have stock on hand in the cellar. They have to be big enough for the rings to hold them in, but not so large that the bolts go through them (ruins the seal).

Best of luck.

Comment

Try OSECO. Oklahoma Safety Equipment Company. May not be cheapest, but it's good stuff. Good luck!
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

ive got disks

Ive got a couple of JVNW rupture disks i'd let go cheap..
          drop me a line at

larryh@ironhillbrewery.com

Larry Horwitz
          Larry Horwitz

Comment

Working...
          X