Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg-Technik - Installation Question

Hello All,

We are installing our Keg Washer and have heard around that we can use stream or caustic to clean the kegs. We couldn't find anything in the manuals that came with it about the difference. Anyone out there have any experience? Joe (master installer over here) may chime in with more specific questions.

Thank you in advance!

Ray Hill
    CEO / Brewer
    Hill Brewing Company, Inc.

What method of action does the manual state that the machine will clean kegs? Kegs can be cleaned in many ways. However, a machine is usually designed to clean a keg by only one method. The mass majority of automated keg cleaners are designed to clean kegs chemically (IE caustic). As for the steam (I am assuming you meant steam), the machine will need to be specifically designed for operation with steam. Retrofitting can be done, however, it is usually easier to sell the machine and buy one designed for steam. The machines that I am familiar with, that are designed for steam, will use steam to heat up the cleaning solution and to sanitize the keg after cleaning.
    Which KEG-Technik model do you have? Did you purchase this new or used?

Kevin
    When all else fails, forget the hammer. It's time for explosives!

Comment

Yes, I did mean steam (Fat fingers :-)

The manual states that it takes Steam.

On the Keg-Technik, the Type says MONOMAT

There is a steam input. I guess we can run a steam line to it from the boiler for the kettles.

I believe that as you described, the steam heats up the solution, then sanitizes the keg.

I think this should help us. I will chime back in if we have any additional specific questions.

Thanks!

Ray Hill

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but I think the M+F Keg Technik Multimat we had at our brewpub in London had it's own steam generation plant & heated caustic tank.

(i.e. that the kegs were washed with caustic, rinsed with hot liquor, then steam 'sanitised').

The Multimat was a single head keg washer/filler, with a separate minikeg & growler or washer & counter-pressure filler.

Comment

M&f

We just installed a M&F 4/2 about 9 months ago. It uses steam to heat the caustic and acid solutions and steam to sanitize the kegs prior to filling. If you would like to discuss the instalation give me a call.

Scott

914-741-2337
          Cheers,

Scott Vaccaro
          Captain Lawrence Brewing CO
          Elmsford, NY
          www.CaptainLawrenceBrewing.com

Comment

Working...
          X