Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add propylene glycol alginate before or after finings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add propylene glycol alginate before or after finings?

Not sure which is first. Ideas?

After - to be exact we always added it at the filter outlet.

Comment

Make bubble more exquisite

In case anyone else was wondering what PGA is used for, a manufacturer explains:

PGA in Beer
      improve the performance of bubble, increase bubble's adhensive ability and improve beer's appearance. Conteract some components, action which can eliminate bubble in beer. Increase the life-span of the bubble. Make bubble more exquisite.

Priceless

Comment

Priceless!

Nothing like a poor translation. My mom bought a Japanese sewing machine in the 1960s and cackeled at the manual which stated, "...guaranteed to provide years of TROUBLESOME service."

It did just that.

Actually, PGA offsets some of the lipids that destroy foam often found in dirty glasses, ladies lip gloss etc. It is a foam stabilizer.

Comment

Finings on transfer from FV to MV normally for filtered beer only, or if you are doing naturally conditioned beer, i.e. leaving residual yeast in the beer in final pack, then you can do prior to packaging, or in the case of casks, directly in to cask at the same time as the beer.

PGA - as stated, after filtration. I have never heard of anyone adding it if they haven't filtered the beer, but you never know....
          dick

Comment

Thanks Men

After it is.

;-)

Mark
            Hidden Well Brewery

Comment

Working...
            X