Working "Vacation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working "Vacation"

I've heard about some brewers who "train" neophytes in the beer making process during a working vacation type of set-up. There may be some charge/fee for this program, but basically one would "work" for free while learning the "business" and then leave after a set period of time.

Anyone know of any programs like this>

Links appreciated.

"Programs"? No, I haven't heard of any programs. I have heard of brewers, myself included, that have taken passionate individuals under their wing to show/teach them what they can about craft brewing. Most of these situations are not advertised but rather exist on a more person-to-person basis.

Prost
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

i would love a visit from a real brewer, i can help with travel expenses to Thailand and show you a good time

pls email me at steveh2112 at gmail if interested

don't worry about all the protests in Thailand BTW, that's only in Bangkok and we are well away from all that.

steve
      Full Moon Winery, Thailand
      http://www.fullmoonwinery.com/

Comment

I got into a Belgian brewery for a week by just asking. Was very helpful but more in a wow, I can't believe it's that easy way. :-)

Comment

Do you like scuba?
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Micronesia keeps calling (kawwing as we say at the Raven)....according to Continental they dont go there anymore? Who now lands on your island? A scuba diver/over worked brewer and owner that need an escape to write off...-Beaux

Comment

Continental DOES fly here twice a week from Manila. A new airline called PacificFlier also flies from Manila (Clark-Angeles) at a cheaper rate. http://www.pacificflier.com/schedule

As well, you could take China Airlines from Taipei. Or all the way from SEA. http://www.china-airlines.com/en/
              JAL from Tokyo is another option.

You may check out some of the content on Palau here:
              Sam's Tours is Palau's most award-winning dive center and eco-adventure tour company. We offer a full range of guided tours: scuba dive trips, snorkel trips, rock island tours, and more! Book your Palau vacation today!

The diving is superb. Fishing is phenomenal. And if you're into camping (NOT roughing it, BTW), then you can have a beautiful beach on a deserted island all to your own. No sign of "civilization". Not even airplane lights/vapor trails. It is nice! Also easy to get to Sipidan/Borneo or Brisbane/Oz from here--just in case you're absolutely nuts for the scuba. PM me for information on dates, hotels, & other. I can set you up! First beers are on me! I would love to have other brewers come and critique my operation. Experienced or not even. Cheers!
              Last edited by gitchegumee; 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM.
              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
              X