Bohemian Brewhouse Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemian Brewhouse Help

Does anyone know anything about the bohemian brewhouse? its a 2 vessel system and brews 20HL (2000 liters) per batch. Im having trouble figuring out how to vourloff. The piping is not set up to pull wort from the bottem of the mashtun through the pump and back to the top of the mash. Im having to hook up an external hose in order to do this. Anyone have pictures of the snake pit of pipes? Or a manual? or where to find one? Im thinking this is a fairly slow system in terms of multi-tasking due to the fact most of the pipes run into eachother and there's not much room to put in extra valves. if anyone has any tips for using this system or can help my with my issues let me know.

-nate-

Hi Nate,
    I have to connect a hose to the valved-port located at the corner of the brew platform near the mash tun. That hose then goes under the platform to another valved-port that leads directly to the "pump in". Then I'm able to utilize the brew platform pump to recirc the wort from the bottom of the mash tun to the "recirc" port into the mash tun. It's kinda funny how so much has been hardpiped on these systems that this process was overlooked. Still like mine though!
    Let me know if this helps, otherwise I'll post some pics of my set-up.

Prost!
    dave

p.s. just noticed this is my "satanic-numbered" post! Hmm.....
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Great to hear from you, glad to know that im going in the right direction using an external hose. I agree that its a little weird that the step was overlooked when it was hardpiped. anyways, if you could post some pics on here that would be great it may help with other issues down the road.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
      -Nate-

P.S. if it would be easier to e-mail me the pictures then my e-mail is nathanallex@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by brewer_22
        Great to hear from you, glad to know that im going in the right direction using an external hose. I agree that its a little weird that the step was overlooked when it was hardpiped. anyways, if you could post some pics on here that would be great it may help with other issues down the road.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
        -Nate-

P.S. if it would be easier to e-mail me the pictures then my e-mail is nathanallex@hotmail.com
        I'll get some pics tomorrow and send 'em to your email and post 'em here for others.

Prost!
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

As promised:

The speed/strength of the recirc is governed by the hand-valve on the backside of the mash tun. All other valves involved are opened full.

Hope this helps.
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Or you could use the kettle as a grant which is how they designed the system.

Comment

picture problems

any chance i can get your e-mail?? i cant make pictures that i want to post on here small enough. just send me your e-mail to my hotmail account if you dont want it on here. thanks

-nate

Comment

Originally posted by ottonut
                Or you could use the kettle as a grant which is how they designed the system.
                good point Ottonut. Never had very good results doing that. Must be pilot error!
                Glacier Brewing Company
                406-883-2595
                info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

These sytems were hard piped. It ran across under sink with a precise hand turned gate valve, and sight-glass. It also had a built in light to illuminate glass. The wort flows into kettle. which doubles as a grant,then is pumped back to top of mash tun. If your not missing hard plumbing at top of mash-tun, you should have a 3-way in-let. One for spray-ball, one for grist hydrator
                  and one for re-circ, which gently spreads wort against inside wall of tun. If you have any questions. dont hesitate to give me call. Cheers!!!
                  CHUMLY
                  906-458-5667

Comment

Working...
                  X