How to use spare brite beer tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use spare brite beer tanks

I am considering purchasing a brewing system which comes with 4 unitanks and 5 single-wall brite beer tanks. I do not intend to use the BBTs for serving, since we will package into kegs and bottles for distribution.

Can I achieve required preparation for packaging via this equipment set? For example, can I achieve full conditioning in the unitanks alone? Can I then transfer to the (warm) BBTs for holding/pressuring prior to packaging, and then achieve a good packaging outcome? Basically, I am wondering if I would have all the equipment needed to do what I want, without having to find more jacketed conditioning (non-uni) tanks for either finishing off the beer and/or packaging operations?

Thanks.

That kind of BB tank is generally kept in a walk-in refrigerated room. You won't want to use them warm. Since you'll probably want to have a walk-in for your packaged beer anyway, you could easily size it for that, and do your packaging (or at least your kegging) in there.

You probably won't need more than one or two of them, either (but you may be able to sell the ones you don't need).

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Before you spend money on equipment, I would spend money on a consultant or hire a qualified brewer to equip your brewery.

It appears you have no idea what it takes to package beer.

Comment

I agree with Tarmadilo, I would not advise packaging from a unitank. Get a cold room for packaged product, hops, etcetera and use the BBTs as conditoning tanks. You don't want to filter and package warm beer. Also agree you should consult a brewer.
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

As said this type of tank needs to be chilled in a cold box.
          A jacketed tank would be a cheaper tank to chill.

Dont mind hoppys garbage, hes a homebrewer.

Comment

Attitudes Attitudes Attitudes, get none of it on the AOB forum thats something everyone should look into, of course some of us have more time into this brewing thing than others...

Dont be children

Comment

I would like to thank you all for your candid answers, however A. Brady has been able to dry my tears where others did not. I am grateful for your sensitivity...

Yes, I too believe that the jacketed tank is the way to go, but I was just wondering if anyone out there had a super-bright idea about the single wall vessels that nobody else (including me) had thought of.

The single wall tanks are coming out of a cold box, and yes Tim, we will be selling the extra ones.

Yes, we have a coolroom, but we won't use it for conditioning single wall vessels. The current owners keg out of their coolroom, so I was aware of this.

If in fact I was a novice, I believe this forum is intended to enlighten, not abuse - you could have put me off forever, hoppyguy...

Comment

Hello all,
                I bottle out of jacketed tanks.
                Is the glycol on?
                No.
                Why?
                Bottled conditioned beers.
                70*ish maturation.

Are my kegs stored cold?
                No.
                Same reason.

I've thought, why did I even buy the jacketed tanks?

No one knows it all,
                and if they did, how boring.

Aloha

Comment

Was just talking to a guy who installs solar hot water systems. He described his hot water holding tank as basicallly a single walled vessel around which was built a large box. They then sprayed foam insulation into the box, completely covering the tank. He said at there was typically a 1-2 degree drop per 24 hours with this method.

You could go solar, or create the supreme hot liqour resevoir and never have to heat mash water again!

Just thoughts...
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X