Thread: Source for sankey spears or seals

Question Source for sankey spears or seals

We've accumulated over 300 standard sankey 1/2 barrels that need new seals in the valves. They are all the drop-in lock-ring type. I'm waiting to hear back from Sabco and Micromatic, any other sources for spears or parts? Any recommendations on the best way to go about getting the kegs back into service? How difficult is it to dismantle the valves and put new seals in them,
    or would we be better off just sending the spears or even the entire kegs off to have the work done for us?

It's not super hard. You need the locking ring removal tool, and you can kind of wing it on the other tools, (hammer, punch, etc). Micromatic will send you a book explaining how to do it. I do about 6 a week, cheaper than buying them.

Removal of the spears is easy if you have the proper removal tool. You can get replacement parts from Micromatic or sabco, but I buy rebuilt stems from Tosca for half the price. Tosca sells rebuilt kegs and parts. There contact info is:

Kim Wastel
    Assistant Team Leader
    Tosca Ltd.
    PHONE: 920-617-4022
    FAX: 920-465-1143
    kwastel@toscaltd.com

Hope this helps.
    Howard

Can you repalce the seals or do you replace the wole spear? Whats the cost difference?
    Operations Director, Tin Roof BC
    ted@tinroofbeer.com
    "Your results may vary"

Try Eurosource in Dallas TX 214-357-4688

You can replace the seals. See the attached document for an exploded view of a standard Sankey drop-in D-system spear. The part numbers are Micromatic part numbers, so you can call them and use those p/ns to order, or work with your supplier of choice.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jason!
    From the diagram its' the "co2 valve" i need to replace.
    Ted
    Operations Director, Tin Roof BC
    ted@tinroofbeer.com
    "Your results may vary"