Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crisp Malt... any good? Thinking of switching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisp Malt... any good? Thinking of switching...

Hi all, what are people's thoughts on Crisp Malt? Would love to hear comments, good & bad... I know their chocolate is loved by quite a few, but what about their MO and their other specialties?

Thanks in advance!

I used to use a lot of Crisp, their pale is a great base malt for nearly any kind of English style beer. Their MO is excellent as well, though I didn't use it as much.

Fast conversion with step mashing, good milling properties, good diastatic power...there's a lot to like!
    www.devilcraft.jp
    www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

I'll second Jason's recommendation. I have yet to try one of their malts that I didn't like. Ranking maltsters by their full portfolio (if I could only use one), I'd put them at the top with Weyermann.

Cheers,

Travis
      Travis Hixon
      Blackstone Brewing Co.
      Nashville, TN
      travis@blackstonebrewery.com

Comment

Love 'em

Crisp makes some of my favorite malts. Never had one I didn't like. I'd use them exclusively if I could.

Comment

Good base malts, but we found their C60 to be very inconsistent.
          __
          Kushal Hall
          Common Space Brewery
          Hawthorne, CA

Comment

Well, I'm very sorry to hear that. I like their other malts so much, I decided to transition over to their C60 as well, from another English C60. Got a bunch in and just about to start the transition, so I guess I'll have to watch out for that.

Cheers,
            Travis
            Travis Hixon
            Blackstone Brewing Co.
            Nashville, TN
            travis@blackstonebrewery.com

Comment

we just switched over to crisp.
              really pleased with it as compared to Warminster who we used. their malt was becoming expensive and inconsistent, particularly as soon as it hit summer.
              GeorgeJ
              Head Brewer - TDM 1874 Brewery.
              Yokohama, Japan.

Comment

Working...
              X