new business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new business

Hello, I'm looking into the prospect of marketing my own beer. I would have it contract brewed. Would anyone be able to start me off in the right direction? I'm sourcing the ingredients I would need, but am at a loss when it comes to figuring out distribution and what all the costs would be when putting it all into a business plan. Thanks in advance for all of your time.

Sincerely,
    Richard Onysko
    Richard T Onysko

business plan

Hi
    Try contacting the Americam Brewers Guild. They have a sample business plan for sale and guide to opening breweries. Also try the American Brewers Assoc., I think they too have a book/publication on the subject.
    Good Luck----
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

will do, thanks Ted!
      Richard T Onysko

Comment

Also, the Association of Brewers has a book. Beertown.org.
        Check out answers to my question in the other "general" forum just up the screen.

Luck
        Jeff

Comment

If your the brewer hire a manager and a marketing and Sales team. It may cost a bit more but in the long run they will help save your ass. In your case you need to be surround by Quality personel. You will learn fast and gain alot more respect for the craft. You have your plan get your background and build from there. Talk to alot of brewers and try alot of beers. Build the business plan. The more you know about the competition the better of you will be. Consistancy is were its at.

Good luck and may the force be with you.

Dave Spickler
          Designer
          LLACO,LLC
          May the malt be with you!

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys! I've got another question. I understand that a microbrewery is a brewery that produces less than 15,000 barrels per year. Is it possible that some breweries with production exceeding this limit are still calling themselves microbreweries? Is there any regulation on this?

Richard
            Richard T Onysko

Comment

Working...
            X