Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Line Heater for bulk tank

Hey Gang-

We use NuCO2 and apparently they don't carry heated CO2 bulk tanks any longer. I've sort of gotten used to freezing up the regulators and as we've picked up brewing wise quite a bit this year it's starting to be a severe time waster and I need to fix the issue.

I've searched the forum and know that people are using these things. I just got a quote for one that is $1500 and isn't even an off the shelf item. (Rexarc)

I've got a 600lb tank that I think was made by Chart. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places... Suggestions? Is $1500 what I should expect to pay?

Tash

heater

arczone.com for $125

Comment

oops hyphen

Shop at Arc-Zone.com for the largest selection of top brand welding supplies and accessories. Helping welding & metal fabricators, engineers, industrial suppliers, governments & systems integrators find the best solutions. Simple, No-Hassle Satisfaction Guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by jbs
        Those units will keep the regulator from freezing but not the tank.

Todd,
        I have the same tank and NuCO2 tells me the same BS.
        Cheers!
        David R. Pierce

Comment

Hey downeast, turn on your private messages if you want a response

Originally posted by downeast
          I saw you had an old post about issues with NUCO2. Did that ever get resolved? I am looking to use NUCO2 for bulk CO2. Would you recommend them? Any advice? If not, any alternatives you would suggest?

Thanks,
          Matt
          We still use NUCO2 for our bulk gas needs.
          Cheers!
          David R. Pierce

Comment

Co2 heat blanke for tanks

We are facing the same problem, but I think we are going to put in a buffer tank instead so the icing won't affect flow rates. If you truely want a heated tank ceck out these guys. I haven't purchased one but talk to them about one and it seems like it would work. Give them the specs and how many BTU's you need and they will build one for you.

A Heated Cylinder Wrap from Powerblanket provides freeze protection and optimal pressure in cylinder tanks for propane, butane, and other compressed gases.

Good luck
            Trent
            Shades of Pale
            Park City UT

Comment

Working...
            X