Maintenance Mechanic - Berkeley, CA (North American Breweries)
*** THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN ***
A leader in marketing and selling specialty and imported beer in the United States, North American Breweries imports and markets Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light, the No. 1 & No. 2 Canadian beers in the U.S., along with Genesee, Magic Hat, Pyramid and the Dundee family of craft beers, Seagram’s Coolers and other specialty and imported brands.
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains all plant process and packaging equipment in optimal working order. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, responsible for performing a variety of tasks to install, set-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment. Participate in installation, upgrade and maintenance of facility all according to safety and maintenance standards and processes to accomplish NAB goals and objectives.
• Perform daily check of vital brewery systems and record findings.
• Perform scheduled and emergency repairs on plant utilities and equipment.
• Troubleshoot all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic systems using test instruments when necessary.
• Assist production until daily schedule is complete.
• Work as team with operators.
• Contact vendors on price, availability and purchase or parts and supplies.
• Install new equipment.
• Answer questions regarding operation of systems and equipment for entire facility.
• Assist with and prepares machinery setup for scheduled production runs.
• Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production. Diagnose and prioritize problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjustment as required to return machinery to service.
• Perform prioritized and scheduled maintenance repairs.
• Understand production systems and machinery thoroughly, diagnose sources of failure or downtime, identify and correct to avoid unnecessary or repeated downtime. Anticipate wear and/or downtime through routine observation and operator feedback.
• Understand basic facilities and infrastructure (chillers, boilers, plumbing, electrical) requirements and operating conditions, perform preventative maintenance as scheduled, repair unscheduled interruptions as needed to return systems to service and minimize operations downtime.
• Complete various projects assigned by the plant superintendent.
• Take the initiative (preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and teamwork)
• Assist coworkers in performing their duties with direction and assistance.
• Treat team members and co-workers with respect, listen carefully, take time to understand points and priorities, ask questions appropriately, and be clear on follow up.
• Attending team meetings and participate constructively.
• Participate in developing, measuring, meeting or beating standards or timetables with each function.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High mechanical aptitude. Skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
• Good organizational skills.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools and equipment safely and effectively.
• Participate in and assist, brewery team members to meet operating objectives and for continuous improvement.
• Contribute information and creative problem solving to scorecard information for continuous feedback.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas returning tools, equipment and supplies to the appropriate storage areas.
• Good communications skills (verbal).
• Attention to detail.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Follow oral and/or written instruction and follow through to completion.
• Receive direction and work effectively within a team environment or independently.
• Able to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Able to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
• Flexible to changing priorities
• Flexible to working a rotating schedule as business needs dictate
• Able to work well under pressure and stress
• Able to wear necessary personal protective equipment.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Able to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Minimum 3-4 years mechanic experience.
• Minimum: Technical classes relating to job.
• Preferred: High school diploma.
• EPA Refrigeration Technician Certification a plus
• HVAC experience desirable
• Experience with electrical work including relays and conduits desirable
• Valid Drivers License.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
• Frequent physical movement in a manufacturing environment with moderate noise and production environment with loud noise.
• Work in a variety of outside weather conditions.
• Ability to work in high noise levels.
• Ability to handle hazardous materials.
• Ability to work on/around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery with moving mechanical parts.
• Ability to work in tight/cramped work spaces.
• Ability to work in high precarious places, on ladders and via other methods both inside and outside in various weather conditions.
• Heavy lifting required (100+ lbs.)
• Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Ability to operate various power tools.
• Ability to drive to pick up parts and materials.
EQUIPMENT WITH WHICH YOU MUST BE FAMILIAR, OR READY TO USE
• Pallet Jack
• CIP System
• Beltdriver & Twist
• Drop Packer
• Flow Meter
• Video Jet
• Conveyor lubricating system
• Case Erector
• Zahn CO2/O2 tester
• Pressure Washer
• 6 pack Erector
• Bottle Crusher
• Case Coder
• Crown detector
• Product Valves
• 28 & 72 Head
• Welding equipment
• Miscellaneous hand and power tools
• Steam boiler
• Process refrigeration system
• Electronic test equipment
• Liquid carbon dioxide system
• Compressed air system
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax to (510) 526-5429. No phone calls or in-person applications, please. Please title your email “Maintenance Mechanic – Berkeley” or something similar that includes the position title and location. Include your salary expectations in your cover letter or email. This is an hourly position that comes with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability insurance, life insurance, and a 401(k) with company match. Not to mention the beer discounts!
Last edited by PyramidBrew; 02-08-2011 at 10:05 AM.