Heating the Brewpub With The Brewing Steam Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating the Brewpub With The Brewing Steam Generator

Has anyone use their steam boiler to also help heat their brewpub, sure would like any suggestions if you have done so.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Wolgang's Brauhaus
    Midlothian, VA

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Has anyone use their steam boiler to also help heat their brewpub, sure would like any suggestions if you have done so.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Wolgang's Brauhaus
    Midlothian, VA
    Hi Steve,
    Sounds like a good idea if you have excess steam capacity. Also, what "end unit" would be in the brewpub to radiate the heat? If you have the option, I highly recommend in-floor heat. Very even, bottom-to-top heating. Could be pretty neat look also if you use the iron steam radiators.
    Keep in mind the extra expense of all the additional piping you'll need.
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Check out these guys for heaters.

There are others of course. Check with your steamfitters/boiler install crew. We use these for all five floors in our brewpub. They are run off the same boiler we use for steam generation for the brewhouse.

Piping can be a hassle and expensive. You also have that many more steam traps etc to deal with.

I like the quality of heat, however and also kind of like the occasional 'clicks and pops' that only a steam heating system can give you.

Old style radiators are cool too but you have to cage or house them so no-one burns themselves on them. Steam is a lot hotter than water in a radiator.

Pax.

Liam
      Liam McKenna
      www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Don't

We do this, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'll try and post some whys...

Comment

Working...
        X