Thread: Business Insurance for Brewing co.

Question Business Insurance for Brewing co.

My partner and I are starting a brewing company in Northern California. We are currently in the 30-60 day wait period for our state licensing. Insurance needs has always been on our minds and it is time we start looking into it. Can I get some advise on what, if any, is standard? A referral would also help out!

Thanks in advance.

Beerfan

beerfan@comcast.net

I just got a policy from Haylor, Freyer & Coon that was extremely affordable. www.haylor.com They have specific programs for brewers.

Kiernan

I had a heck of a time finding someone to provide me with coverage - mostly because the policy was so small and no one wanted to bother. And since I am a startup, higher risk. Ultimately, I got the guys who did my personal policies (homeowners and the like) to pick me up for a NICE rate.

Are you a brewpub, a straight manufacturing micro, or a contract brewer? I may have some leads, depending upon your answer.

Regardless, my advice to you: ask a LOT of agents to get you a quote, as only a few will actually come back with one...

Cheers,
    S

Thanks for the input. We are a brewing company applying for a type 17 and doing contract brewing for the time being. We will open a brewpub/restaurant or production facility with 1.5 years, whatever presents itself first.

beerfan