Baxter Brewing Co. Looking for Canning Line Operator
Seeking a Canning Line Operator
Reports to: Director of Brewing Operations
Department: Brewing Operations
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Anticipated date to begin: 1/3/2011
Hours: 20 to 25 a week
At Baxter Brewing we do what we can and we can what we do. We’re a young, fun, and energetic start-up brewery making craft beer in a can while maintaining a high level of eco-consciousness. We’re passionate about the beer business, about our community, and about our environment.
Summary of Position: To work as a member of a team whose overall responsibilities include canning line operation; the loading, unloading, and packing of cans as well as case and pallet configuration of the finished product.
• Loading pallets of empty cans onto the beginning of the canning line by forklift and/or pallet jack
• Operation of electronic portions of canning line apparatus
• Operation of six-packing machine
• Assembly of and flat case trays and arrangement of 6-packs in trays
• Transportation of full pallets to loading dock for pick-up.
• External cleaning, and painting of cooperage.
• Other duties as assigned
- Lifting: 25-50 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: Daily
- typical business day: Duties completed as assigned and described above
- Hazards: Daily operating of a working, moving machine and working in close proximity to hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Additional Physical Demands :
- Ability to remain in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend and lift frequently
- Dexterity required for fast-paced, repetitive packaging motion
Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands:
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to follow defined procedures
- Ability to wear proper safety equipment and protective gear
- Ability to operate repetitive, fast-packed six-packer
- Ability to quickly assemble self-locking case trays
Canning line operator will be working in the brewery where water and chemicals are used for cleaning, rinsing and sanitizing all tanks and equipment. Safety is paramount. Protective gear is almost always worn. The canning line is loud, fast-paced and can be dangerous if mishandled. Keeping the work area clean and safe for the frequent tours being brought through the brewery is imperative.
Education Requirements: High school or equivalent work experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (in the body of the email – do NOT send attachments) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: we will NOT consider you if you call or apply in person.
Last edited by BaxterBeer; 12-18-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Baxter Brewing Co., LLC
We Do What We Can. We Can What We Do.